Singapore Expats

acne and dry skin

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
LittleWanderer613

Re: acne and dry skin

Post by LittleWanderer613 » Mon, 10 Jul 2017 4:58 pm

I have combination skin with acne breakouts because of hormonal imbalance. Just last Saturday, I went to a dermatologist to have a facial and they suggested I try their sulfur mask (I was initially gonna do bleaching to lighten up acne scars) because it's supposed to dry up pimples. It actually works. It's just a weird feeling when they apply it on your face because it's really cold and stings a little (because it's cold), but it did dry up my acne.

Sia White

Post by Sia White » Tue, 26 Sep 2017 8:34 pm

I had really bad acne around my eyebrows. Every time I plucked them I have at least 3,4 pimples appeared.... it was a disaster. However, I had microblading embroidery http://www.follicle.com.sg/microblading ... -singapore and my skin in this area improved. By this experience I have found out that my skin doesn`t bear to be plucked so if you have the same problems - stop plucking.

Brenda_hailey

Post by Brenda_hailey » Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:23 am

Hello
Acne and dry skin maybe really bad to deal with. However there exist natural remedies that may help you deal with the problem.Most products for treating acne are meant for people with oily skin and using them will only make your skin even more dry and irritated. You should always moisturize your face using natural products like aloe vera which works really well. You may use aloe vera directly from the leaf or you may buy it in cosmetic shops around you.

YashiY

Post by YashiY » Tue, 31 Oct 2017 5:26 pm

Try Vitamin C Shower head. I have really dry skin and Singapore weather makes my face full of acne. I tried so many cosmetics, herbal products are much recommended depending on your skin type. I also started using Vitamin C shower head and it is blessing to my hair and skin. May be you want to give it a try as Singapore has lot of chlorine content in the water, hence skin and hair deteriorate.

thelazymama

Post by thelazymama » Fri, 26 Jan 2018 2:14 pm

Acnes usually caused by our diet, sleeping habits, cleanliness and wrong products being used.
My brother had really terrible acnes and oily face..

as for myself, my face is super sensitive, so i usually DIY face product for my whole family..
Cheaper in long run hahah!

need 'recipe' can let me know haha..

maryjane

Post by maryjane » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 6:17 pm

Jessimill wrote:My face is a good place to grow acne. Now it's almost gone because of the tetralysal 300 mg treatment I had to take for 3 months. I also used AHA skincare (drops on my face and don't have to rince). However, because I use those everyday from a long while, my skin is really sensitive now, my usual sunscreen burns my skin and my daily moisturizer became useless. If you were me, what would you do? Should I go to the dermatologist?
I am facing sun burns on my face, on my mom's advise i applied coconut oil.
Usually i have to work in sun, when i am facing burns again and again.
Is there any medicines which will help me for rescue?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 10:25 pm

maryjane wrote:
Jessimill wrote:My face is a good place to grow acne. Now it's almost gone because of the tetralysal 300 mg treatment I had to take for 3 months. I also used AHA skincare (drops on my face and don't have to rince). However, because I use those everyday from a long while, my skin is really sensitive now, my usual sunscreen burns my skin and my daily moisturizer became useless. If you were me, what would you do? Should I go to the dermatologist?
I am facing sun burns on my face, on my mom's advise i applied coconut oil.
Usually i have to work in sun, when i am facing burns again and again.
Is there any medicines which will help me for rescue?
Coconut oil won't stop the burns. First, you need a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses to keep the sun off your face. Then use a high SPF sunscreen on your face. You may wish to consider a zinc oxide sunscreen. Do a bit of research.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 3:11 am

Coconut oil has a high comedogenic factor i.e. pore-clogging

https://www.platinumskincare.com/comedogenic-ratings/

maryjane

Post by maryjane » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 5:00 pm

I have used the VLCC sun screen lotion.
Irritation still persists and had severe burns.
I need a natural remedy.

beautyaddict9

Post by beautyaddict9 » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 4:58 am

i use acid toners, like those that contains AHA/BHA. i find that it really minimises my breakouts but must moisturise after it or else skin will be too dry.

ethelcurtis

Post by ethelcurtis » Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:31 am

yes i think you should go to dermatologist

Sue1975

Post by Sue1975 » Thu, 15 Mar 2018 4:27 pm

We've started using this product called Motherdirt which is only available in the US (I think), so you have to get it shipped to someone there and get them to send it over. Its all natural and basically puts "good bacteria" back onto your skin. Its like the whole "biome" discussion about gut health and needing good bacteria, but its for your skin. Our daughter was starting to get really bad skin and a friend recommended it. We were a bit sceptical but it was amazing how quickly it worked. Literally within a couple of days her skin started clearing up. I use it now as well (just to nourish my skin) and it really has made it feel softer and healthier.

imrobin11

Post by imrobin11 » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 6:57 pm

If none of these things are working for you, Leave them all and give a rest to your skin, you don't even
need to use your sop for some time and you will start seeing results and make sure you also not eating oily and sugary items.

Loiusebren

Post by Loiusebren » Wed, 20 Jun 2018 5:23 pm

I have oily skin and stubborn acne that won't go away at my jawlines.
Tried a lot of products that deemed as oil free etc.. Tried it, have even more breakouts.
Went to see a doctor, gave mi antibiotic to eat for months, but the results were not that visible.

I was hoping to save up and go for laser treatment instead..

Pennykee

Post by Pennykee » Fri, 22 Jun 2018 11:17 pm

Start off with some clean diet. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and have enough sleep. The best result is to put on mask everyday. You can see the result in no time.