Singapore Expats

Little India riot: Two years on, smaller businesses struggle to stay afloat

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
TMD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Little India riot: Two years on, smaller businesses struggle to stay afloat

Post by TMD » Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:24 am

ecureilx wrote:
TMD wrote: LOL! Don't look at me like that Image
Actually this idea is partly based some contributors comment, including yours: :D
How about trying this in China Town, Peninsula, Golden Mile and Lucky Plaza first ?
The last three places are worse on Sundays and people can't even enter the buildings.
Trial - Before going after the Injuns.
So there ARE places for folks to go aside for those who insist in going to LI ! O:)
However, I guess if jaywalking is as prevalent those locations, (besides having a riot), I am pretty sure a little of "crowd management", aside from banning certain products and services might help a long way..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Little India riot: Two years on, smaller businesses struggle to stay afloat

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:39 am

TMD wrote: So there ARE places for folks to go aside for those who insist in going to LI ! O:) ..
Wait, are you in jakku?

You are great at missing the forest for the tree.

TMD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Little India riot: Two years on, smaller businesses struggle to stay afloat

Post by TMD » Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:44 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:@TMD workforce management is usually implemented by having different rosters for different sets of workers and they get different days off.
that way some people will have Sundays off, others maybe Wednesdays, others Thursdays etc, that way the crowds coming in will also be self contained.
Tell me which company take crowd management of popular places for the benefit of their workers and staff as one of their business consideration ?

TMD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Little India riot: Two years on, smaller businesses struggle to stay afloat

Post by TMD » Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:52 am

ecureilx wrote:
TMD wrote: So there ARE places for folks to go aside for those who insist in going to LI ! O:) ..
Wait, are you in jakku? You are great at missing the forest for the tree.
I think you mean "on" Jakku.
Not sure what you trying to say, but considering the First Order itself initially had no idea Force was strong on that little rock until that droid led them there.. :mrgreen:

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 28 Dec 2015 3:16 pm

TMD wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:@TMD workforce management is usually implemented by having different rosters for different sets of workers and they get different days off.
that way some people will have Sundays off, others maybe Wednesdays, others Thursdays etc, that way the crowds coming in will also be self contained.
Tell me which company take crowd management of popular places for the benefit of their workers and staff as one of their business consideration ?
none! and that is the problem! ](*,)
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 Jan 2016 12:30 pm

And Little India Riots (if you still may call it riots - for me it was a minor skirmish ;) has made it to the text books too :D

From Mr Brown's page:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 07 Jan 2016 1:41 pm

A great way to encourage critical thinking in the school curriculum :P

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 07 Jan 2016 3:12 pm

earthfriendly wrote:A great way to encourage critical thinking in the school curriculum :P
:D Let the bosses decide how to do things, is the message here :)

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:17 am

Let us be clear on who is the boss in SG and make sure they get it from day 1 (at a young age) . Can't find the smilie for hurling so this will do :roll:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 08 Jan 2016 3:15 am

This may not be related but not totally unrelated (be fearful, Big Brother is watching you) either. Can't really blame them, I would not want to get kidnap either :P

Singapore-based bookstore chain Page One seems to be taking the mysterious disappearance of Lee Bo and his colleagues pretty seriously, removing from its Hong Kong shops all material banned from the mainland.
http://shanghaiist.com/2016/01/07/page_ ... _books.php

TMD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TMD » Sun, 10 Jan 2016 1:28 pm

earthfriendly wrote:This may not be related but not totally unrelated (be fearful, Big Brother is watching you) either. Can't really blame them, I would not want to get kidnap either :P
Singapore-based bookstore chain Page One seems to be taking the mysterious disappearance of Lee Bo and his colleagues pretty seriously, removing from its Hong Kong shops all material banned from the mainland.
http://shanghaiist.com/2016/01/07/page_ ... _books.php
Definitely unrelated unless one stretches the argument that this involve a Singapore-based company.

Perhaps the more related discussion is how immigration policy has divided Germany, especially after recent violence and attacks in Cologne by alleged foreigners/immigrants/asylum seekers.

Clearly, this isn't a question of how "Big Brother" or liberal a government or society is, but rather how a country manage immigrants when things goes south..

TMD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TMD » Sun, 10 Jan 2016 1:32 pm

ecureilx wrote:And Little India Riots (if you still may call it riots - for me it was a minor skirmish ;) has made it to the text books too :D
From Mr Brown's page:

"Minor skirmish" ? :o
Does this mean you find the LI "riot" an acceptable violence from where you came from ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Little India riot: Two years on, smaller businesses struggle to stay afloat

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 10 Jan 2016 4:32 pm

TMD wrote: "Minor skirmish" ? :o
Does this mean you find the LI "riot" an acceptable violence from where you came from ?
You don't know where I came from so ... I suggest you change your tone a wee bit, if you bother.... if not, it doesn't matter.

And Did I say its acceptable ? Again, you are on roll here and seems you aren't aware of it, just keep going.

If it matters to you, let me say it, for your happiness "The little India riots was of apocalyptic level and definitely it shocked the world. It was far from anything the world has ever seen and history books Will remember it for generations.." <<< Happy Now ?

TMD
Chatter
Chatter

Re: RE: Re: Little India riot: Two years on, smaller businesses struggle to stay afloat

Post by TMD » Sun, 10 Jan 2016 5:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
TMD wrote: "Minor skirmish" ? :o
You don't know where I came from so ... I suggest you change your tone a wee bit, if you bother.... if not, it doesn't matter.

And Did I say its acceptable ? Again, you are on roll here and seems you aren't aware of it, just keep going.

If it matters to you, let me say it, for your happiness "The little India riots was of apocalyptic level and definitely it shocked the world. It was far from anything the world has ever seen and history books Will remember it for generations.." <<< Happy Now ?
I ASKED if you find what happened in LI acceptable, not explicitly saying that you find it is, not counting the fact that you consider the incident as "minor skirmish"...

I suggest that you read my post carefully before coming back trying to make me "happy",again [-X