Singapore Expats

Health Insurance tips/experiences for ex-pats

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
mayrolllate

Health Insurance tips/experiences for ex-pats

Post by mayrolllate » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:56 pm

Hi All,
I am looking for tips/experiences from people who have had to use health insurance companies here in Singapore before, particularly ex-pats. Which live up to their end of the bargain the best? I am not just looking for the cheapest provider, but ones that actually pay claims like they promise up front. Thank you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Health Insurance tips/experiences for ex-pats

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 1:46 pm

mayrolllate wrote:Hi All,
I am looking for tips/experiences from people who have had to use health insurance companies here in Singapore before, particularly ex-pats. Which live up to their end of the bargain the best? I am not just looking for the cheapest provider, but ones that actually pay claims like they promise up front. Thank you!
Here insurance companies pay up buy ..... get familiar with the words excess, deductible, co pay etc. Exclusions etc. etc.

If you fail to get 100% claimable, you will be left to pay a lot out of your pocket.

As long as you have a pass, the local insurance companies are good, unless you need world wide coverage.

ninakuhn92

Re: Health Insurance tips/experiences for ex-pats

Post by ninakuhn92 » Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:01 pm

For those who are looking for an expat insurance i suggest sing'expat [sanitized by moderator]

I wanted a french-speaking insurance company because i am french (but they also speak english of course)and so far I had good experience with them and they have great customer service...
Last edited by ninakuhn92 on Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x9200

Re: Health Insurance tips/experiences for ex-pats

Post by x9200 » Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:34 pm

ninakuhn92 wrote:For those who are looking for an expat insurance i suggest sing'expat [sanitized by moderator]

I wanted a french-speaking insurance company because i am french (but they also speak english of course)and so far I had good experience with them and they have great customer service...
They are so good and customer friendly that they even gave you an email address (visible to admins and moderators) under their internet domain. That's really outstanding.

On more serious note, if you advertise again, you will be banned.