Singapore Expats Forum

citizenship application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
landish56

citizenship application

Postby landish56 » Tue, 24 Nov 2015 7:13 pm

once we receive the IPA for the application, is there any requirement to submit any income documents / subject to us being employed for it to be valid? I have submitted my application but thought of quitting my job first. But was worried as approval may come before I get a job.

imroot

Re: citizenship application

Postby imroot » Wed, 25 Nov 2015 1:08 pm

landish56 wrote:once we receive the IPA for the application, is there any requirement to submit any income documents / subject to us being employed for it to be valid? I have submitted my application but thought of quitting my job first. But was worried as approval may come before I get a job.

You are required to update ICA on any change in details pertaining to the application while it is still under consideration. So if you quit your job, you would notify ICA asap. Also you quitting your job may or may not impact the outcome. I was asked to update them with change of address as well as change in salary. You can send an email to the ICA or update in person by referring your application #.

In the ICA website, I don't see any requirements to submit income documents.