Singapore Expats

[REJECTED AFTER 2 MONTHS] PR APPLICATION CHANCES

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCES

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 9:39 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The operative words here are "for consideration" which doesn't mean you will get PR....
Exactly.

So if you're applying for PR before you have three years of tax assessments (and you actually know you want to reside permanently in Singapore so quickly, otherwise WTF are you applying?) here's the question: What makes you so extraordinarily damn special?

You can apply for admission to Harvard University with scores of 420 in each part of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), and your application will be considered. "Good luck." :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCES

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:03 am

BBCWatcher wrote: Exactly.

So if you're applying for PR before you have three years of tax assessments (and you actually know you want to reside permanently in Singapore so quickly, otherwise WTF are you applying?) here's the question: What makes you so extraordinarily damn special?
You don't give up, do you ?

Point taken, if you apply early and get rejected, the applicant must commit Sepuku !!!!

The best option now is, let's inform those seeking opinion to post their complete resume so BBCW can be the judge, jury and executor. Image Image Image

And BBCW's word is final.

And If you still apply early you may be shot dead.

In case you are wondering what I am on, a colleague of mine applied for PR with just 6 months pay slip, and the only extraordinary thing in his profile is nothing special, if I believe him. He was approved. So I am gonna pull him aside and demand that he show me what made him special ... if he refuses, I will unfriend him in Facebook ;) and that's gonna hurt him bad ...

yep, he's from India.

My 2 cents has been, apply if you feel like it , but don't have high hopes, if you don't fulfil most of the requirements (ex: 3 years NOA, employer's letter)

vs Yours = don't damn apply unless you are so special.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 11:52 am

Form 4A also includes requests for (to pick a few examples):

* Educational certificates, etc.
* Testimonial(s) from previous employer(s)
* Payslips for the last 6 months

And I say the same thing about everything ICA requests. Don't have what ICA requests? You can apply if you insist. Yet one can reasonably presume you are at a disadvantage if your application lacks anything ICA asks for. Can you, your friend, or anybody else overcome a disadvantage (or disadvantages)? (Can an applicant to Harvard overcome the disadvantage of 420s on each part of her SAT?) Maybe, but the pure, aggregate statistical odds are against PR approval anyway. You'd be decreasing your odds of approval from there.

We don't know if ICA looks less favorably on second time applicants who were previously rejected, but there is some circumstantial evidence suggesting so. If that circumstantial evidence is correct, do you want to reduce your chances of PR approval in an early application then also reduce your chances of PR approval in any/all subsequent applications?

Your choice.

I hope nobody is recommending that as many people apply as possible who lack one or more attributes ICA requests in order to encourage ICA to make easier, more often favorable decisions among the remaining applicants who can follow ICA's directions.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:02 pm

BBCWatcher wrote: * Testimonial(s) from previous employer(s)
So if I don't have above, and my current employer refuses to certify my employment, I must not apply ?

It is 100% guaranteed rejection?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:14 pm

BBCWatcher wrote: I hope nobody is recommending that as many people apply as possible who lack one or more attributes ICA requests in order to encourage ICA to make easier, more often favorable decisions among the remaining applicants who can follow ICA's directions.
That's amazing, so if I don't tick all the boxes but I am committed to sinking my roots here, by your logic, I must not apply, but have consideration for others ???? Really ? To help Others who may not be here for the long haul ?

It's the kind of advice that left me and a few friends severely disadvantaged, when we had a scheming employer, who knew how to bully pass holders. Because quite a few listened to the words of your likes as the Holy Gospel!! Who insisted that we just don't qualify for PR.

No offence, but ... your way of thinking belies logic, and then again, I do have issues with English comprehension.

Ps, what's with your repeated quote of Harvard ? You mean IIT, REC, AIM and AIT folks are of low class education?

Mods, I know it's Friday, and being at 7,500 feet above sea level now, my brain is going into Warp Drive ;)
Last edited by ecureilx on Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:16 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:Form 4A also includes requests for (to pick a few examples):

* Educational certificates, etc.
* Testimonial(s) from previous employer(s)
* Payslips for the last 6 months

And I say the same thing about everything ICA requests. Don't have what ICA requests? You can apply if you insist. Yet one can reasonably presume you are at a disadvantage if your application lacks anything ICA asks for. Can you, your friend, or anybody else overcome a disadvantage (or disadvantages)? (Can an applicant to Harvard overcome the disadvantage of 420s on each part of her SAT?) Maybe, but the pure, aggregate statistical odds are against PR approval anyway. You'd be decreasing your odds of approval from there.

We don't know if ICA looks less favorably on second time applicants who were previously rejected, but there is some circumstantial evidence suggesting so. If that circumstantial evidence is correct, do you want to reduce your chances of PR approval in an early application then also reduce your chances of PR approval in any/all subsequent applications?

Your choice.

I hope nobody is recommending that as many people apply as possible who lack one or more attributes ICA requests in order to encourage ICA to make easier, more often favorable decisions among the remaining applicants who can follow ICA's directions.
QFP

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 5:05 pm

ecureilx wrote:So if I don't have above, and my current employer refuses to certify my employment, I must not apply ?
It is 100% guaranteed rejection?
I don't think what I wrote is difficult to comprehend, but you continue to surprise me.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PR APPLICATION CHANCES

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 5:49 pm

BBCWatcher wrote: I don't think what I wrote is difficult to comprehend, but you continue to surprise me.
I couldn't say the same for you.

However dubious your argument is, and lacking any anecdote, one thing is definite : you like to have the last word in any argument ;)

I was 100% sure you will fire a retort, and you didn't fail me ...

It's your way or highway !!!!

You didn't reply about the testimonials or employer's letter requirement ...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 6:06 pm

Hot damn! TGIF
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 6:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hot damn! TGIF
Who's winning? Image

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 7:54 pm

From my view, sitting here on the front row, I'd say both are losing.

FACE
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 9:49 pm

Off topic. BBCWatcher, for some reason I keep skipping the C in your name and read it as BBWwatcher. Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Bryan Chan

Re: PR APROVED

Post by Bryan Chan » Sat, 28 Nov 2015 3:26 pm

hi all. My PR application was approved yesterday since 26 may 15

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 28 Nov 2015 7:32 pm

Congsratulations, but that is of absolutely no help to us here unless you give us some background of your criteria. Things, like Race, Nationality, gender, age, Industry, position, time here on EP and Income range.

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Post by sgstrait » Sat, 28 Nov 2015 8:53 pm

Congratulations Bryan.

(and you don't have to give any more info if you don't want to).

Celebrate and good luck!