Singapore Expats

PR application rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cittakaro

Re: Changing Jobs while Husband's PR application is pending - Good or Bad idea?

Post by cittakaro » Wed, 26 Oct 2016 2:41 pm

omaspoon wrote:Hi Zack and Everyone,

My husband is an Indonesian citizen. I am a Singapore citizen and will be the sponsor for his Singapore PR Application.

I have a few questions to ask everyone and would sincerely appreciate any guidance provided.

I am currently working in the Public Service. I am working on a contract basis as this organization generally hires on a contractual basis despite being a statutory board.

I have completed my probation and am 10 months into my job. Prior to this, I was working for a year on another contract role and before that I worked in Australia for about 7 years.

We will be submitting my husband's PR documentation in November 2016. I have just been offered another permanent job with Singhealth.

Please advice if it would be wise for me to switch jobs now or while his application is still pending?

I would think that a permanent job (with a slightly higher salary) will be beneficial as I am the main sponsor for this application. However, I am worried that the change in job while the PR is being processed might end up affecting the application as it might look like I am a job hopper.

The PR application requires me to provide an employer's letter stating last last month's salary and confirming my employment. Would all this no longer be valid when I have a new job(will be on 6 months probation) and the PR is still being processed?

Please advise?

I have to add that we have a son who is also a Singapore citizen. My husband is not working in Singapore as he could not find a job here. He is now working in Indonesia as he wanted to keep working as compared to being unemployed. My husband is now on a LTVP.

We have been married for 4 years
Hi, I think it's better to get the permanent job. You just need to update ICA by sending email to [email protected]
Applicant Name :
Sponsor Name:
NRIC :
Application Reference Number :
Application Date :
Update : tell ICA Officer that you change your job and explain the reason to them.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR application rejected

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Oct 2016 4:27 pm

^^^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

omaspoon

Post by omaspoon » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 12:29 pm

Dear Cittakaro,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am pleased to advised that my husband has gotten his PR. I didn't not change my job at that time though. Without intending to be annoying, I think it was God who helped us. There's no other reason to explain how he got his PR.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 1:21 pm

Sorry to disappoint, but doG had absolutely nothing to do with it. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 3:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but doG had absolutely nothing to do with it. :roll:
Some folk rather give credit elsewhere , makes them feel better especially when it comes to god for some reason.

I am not sure why she thought her hubby would be rejected , as she had what could be considered almost the perfect profile for applying for a spouse.
Life is short, paddle harder!!