Singapore Expats

Need Advice on how to improve O level results

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
lennardtan76

Need Advice on how to improve O level results

Post by lennardtan76 » Mon, 02 Nov 2015 5:54 pm

Hi ,I am currently working here in Singapore and planning to move my family to live with me by next year. I am quite concern for my son's education as his O level results is not that great . I am thinking to enroll him for a private school here to retake his O level but I am hesitant because he might be to old when he enter university. Any advice on how to improve his results? Does he really need to retake everything or is there any other options ?

Thanks,
Lennard

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Need Advice on how to improve O level results

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 06 Nov 2015 4:51 pm

What do you mean too old when he enters Uni?

Too old for what?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 07 Nov 2015 2:56 am

He's struggling with O's, and you're fretting about uni? Perhaps he's wilting under the burden of future expectations that he presently cannot even conceive?

I wasn't academic but got rammed down that path by means of 'family expectations'. Square peg/round hole = never going to work.

No notable entrepreneur has succeeded at anything 'mainstream', not least anything one's parents would advocate. By definition it drives them nuts as it constrains and limits them. In fact most of them seem to be Ivy League/Oxbridge *drop-outs* ... QED? Perhaps you should welcome your young boy getting to say Oxford, then having the guts to drop out after a year. It's usually a good sign, but sure as hell mum and dad and the neighbours won't be impressed until maybe, he arrives home 20 years later in a Bentley. But when you're an adult: That is their problem, and their social constraints no longer have any relevance.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

carrhie

Post by carrhie » Wed, 11 Nov 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Lennard,

How bad are the results? And what degree he wants to take in University?

You may want to check Insworld Institute : http://www.insworld.edu.sg/our-programm ... onal-gcse/

or Tanglin http://www.tts.edu.sg/our-schools/senior-school

Regards :)