Singapore Expats Forum

Need advice. LTVP chances for spouse.?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
daren223

Need advice. LTVP chances for spouse.?

Postby daren223 » Mon, 02 Nov 2015 2:04 pm

Dear all,

My bio:

Nationality: SC holder
Education: degree in architecture
overseas
Income: S$2,200( just started working on August 2015)

My fiancee:

Nationality: foreigner
Education: registered nurse overseas

Ive met her during my studies overseas and been a relationship with her for 3yrs now. As i graduated i went back to SG to seek work,now working at an architecture firm for 4 months. after i went back to SG I applied for Pre-LTVP after 1 week it got rejected(maybe because im unemployed) so I applied for ROM this dec 8 2015 so we can apply for LTVP.

Is there a higher chance that our LTVP will get approved? Need advice it means alot to keep our hopes high.

Thank you.

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

niceit198

Re: Need advice. LTVP chances for spouse.?

Postby niceit198 » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 1:07 am

after marriage u can apply for the ltvp for your spouse, but your future spouse will normally stay on 30days visa in singapore, u could extend the period for your future spouse while waiting for the LTVP.

SC spouse as long (you and you wife either 1 working) chance for ltvp normally will go through, just u may gain shorter period for ltvp like 6 months

bgd
Editor
Editor

Re: Need advice. LTVP chances for spouse.?

Postby bgd » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 7:46 am

Your marriage date, level of income and duration of employment will all count against you. It doesn't mean you won't get it but, as things stand at the moment, I would think you are marginal at best.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Need advice. LTVP chances for spouse.?

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 15 Nov 2015 12:37 pm

bgd wrote:Your marriage date, level of income and duration of employment will all count against you. It doesn't mean you won't get it but, as things stand at the moment, I would think you are marginal at best.

I may disagree a bit ...

OP is an SC, they are treated better nowadays, plus his wife is a reasonably qualified ..