Singapore Expats Forum

Can my husband be PR? - SINGAPOREAN HOUSEWIFE LIVING IN HK

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ricedoll
Regular
Regular

Can my husband be PR? - SINGAPOREAN HOUSEWIFE LIVING IN HK

Postby ricedoll » Tue, 27 Oct 2015 2:51 pm

I am a Singaporean Citizen - got my masters degree, met and married my American husband all in Hong Kong. We are planning to apply my American husband (who still works in HK) as a Singapore PR.

BUT
- I am a housewife now (no income),
- neither do I contribute any CPF since I went to HK for university and been staying in HK eversince,
- and I have been living in HK for almost 10 years. My parents and brother still live and work in SG.

Would I be able to apply my American husband a Singapore PR?

p/s: in the explanatory notes for Application for PR item (k) Statement from the CPF board showing the sponsor's (me) monthly CPF contribution history for the last 12 months. and (l) Sponsor's (me) valid Business Registration Certificate for self employment and Valid Vocational licence.

How am I supposed to fill up (k) and (l)??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Can my husband be PR? - SINGAPOREAN HOUSEWIFE LIVING IN HK

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Oct 2015 3:25 pm

Not going to happen for two reasons, one, sponsor isn't in Singapore and doesn't work in Singapore and has no CPF contributions, and secondly, Spouse isn't in Singapore so cannot be "resident" permanent or otherwise. You want help? Get a job in Singapore, move here and bring him along on an LTVP until you can get him PR or he can get a job and an EP until he can get PR.

ricedoll
Regular
Regular

Postby ricedoll » Tue, 27 Oct 2015 3:38 pm

Thank you Sundaymorningstaple - your explanation make sense. Another question, say in a few years I give birth in Hong Kong, can I apply them to be Singaporean citizens by descent? Or I should go back Singapore to give birth for them to be Singaporeans?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Oct 2015 4:31 pm

Either way is okay. But be advised that if it's a male child he will be required to do National Service even if you live in HK.