Singapore Expats

so tenant have no rights even if its common sense???

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: so tenant have no rights even if its common sense???

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 26 Oct 2015 7:31 am

x9200 wrote: Why on earth you ask your LL for permission to change the bulbs!? Do you also ask him each time you need to flush the toilet? It looks like you have a submissive nature and prefer to be micromanaged. For each new flat we moved in I change the lights and other things and nobody ever said a word about it. Of course when I move out everything is restored.

Ask the LL to lower your rent because your rental contract was not about a damp hole. Suggest to lower it by 20%. May help to fix the issue.
It's not just the bulbs, we have 10 ceiling lights in the house and they are all in varying stages of falling apart, they are cracked or broken or the original white color is now yellow and fading. I suggested changing out all of them which they are open to.
the cost of replacing all of them works out to be > 150$ and I'm in the process of renegotiation of a new contract.
so the wall and the ceiling lights are what I want addressed.The new ones available in the market are all mostly LED type, the CFC's are going away. but they still want to keep those.
and no I am not submissive nor prefer to be micromanaged.. :)
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Search By

eeorh

Re: so tenant have no rights even if its common sense???

Post by eeorh » Mon, 26 Oct 2015 2:37 pm

its so sad. i really dont want to compromising its like admitting defeat to a mistake i ve never made