Singapore Expats

AEIS Exam 2015 : Any Expat's children sat for the test for 2016 place?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
fahimk32

AEIS Exam 2015 : Any Expat's children sat for the test for 2016 place?

Post by fahimk32 » Fri, 16 Oct 2015 4:19 pm

Hi All Expats in Singapore,

Greetings.
We've been going through a whole lot rough year of 2015 as my son missed out primary school in last (2014) foreigner registration exercise for admission in local primary school. So we have taken last chance with our son this year who sat for his AEIS Exam on 30 Sep 2015. Literally he has missed our this whole year of school due to limited space for foreign children in local schools (Primary One)

(He has been staying here since birth in Dependent Pass, completed his KG classes from PCF) We feel like unfortunate parents as we are unable to provide him with private school option recommended by authority. Then based on their remarks we are taking a chance with this AEIS Exam as the last resort of our trying.

Me and my wife literally finished the whole primary syllabus within 2-3 months, we are hopeful our son deserve a positive response and prove his worth.

There were 550 registrants for P2/P3 and also 350 more registrants for P3 only. There were multi-racial childrens (Indians, Filipinos, Malaysians, Chinese, Indonesians. even European and African, Middle east students with International visit pass, dependent passes, even students who are holding LTVP under PR parents !! etc) at the exam day.

I didn't find many topics on AEIS Exam on the Forums. So if any of you who has prior experience with AEIS/SAEIS Exams, results, potential, chances, remarks....whatsoever.... Please share.

Also if you have any suggestion for us please feel free to give (alternatives, good luck :)).

As this is the last chance i'm taking for my son's admission into local school, we will be left with no other alternative than to go back our country after staying here for long 9 years :(

Appreciated.

Fahim

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: AEIS Exam 2015 : Any Expat's children sat for the test for 2016 place?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Oct 2015 5:24 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

serischa

Post by serischa » Thu, 21 Jan 2016 11:31 am

Dear Fahim,

Hope all is well. Did you get a slot for your kid? How was the result of the AEIS exam?

Thanks

Charisse

Clarice1

Post by Clarice1 » Thu, 21 Jan 2016 2:34 pm

According to a survey done by Singapore Expats in Local Schools, very few were accepted. No information is given - just whether your child was successful or not.

serischa

Post by serischa » Thu, 21 Jan 2016 3:47 pm

Yes this is true, not sure how many or the percentage of availability they have at the moment. They just keep on accepting kids to take the exams.