Singapore Expats

(Advice Needed) Can apply LTVP while PR still pending...

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
goriko

(Advice Needed) Can apply LTVP while PR still pending...

Post by goriko » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 3:30 pm

Hi All,

Need some advice here.
I am Malaysian Chinese and SPR since 2012. Married Chinese husband and have one daughter in 2013. Applying SPR for both my husband & daughter last year Nov 2014 but till now the status is still pending.

My daughter actually been taking care by my mother in Malaysia and now she starts her child care this year Oct but under SVP. My question is while we still waiting for PR status can I apply Long Term Visit Pass for my daughter? Never expect the PR result took ages. Will it affect their PR application?

My husband in S Pass..so now I will bring my daughter to JB to get another 30days stay in Singapore while waiting for the PR result.

Anyone have same problem like mine.

x9200

Re: (Advice Needed)

Post by x9200 » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 3:37 pm

Yes, you can. Actually you even have to. How can your daughter attend to local childcare under SVP?

Anyway, when my son was born and we applied for a PR for him (being the PRs ourselves), this was the ICA officer who told us to apply for him for the LTVP while waiting for the PR outcome.

goriko

Re: (Advice Needed) Can apply LTVP while PR still pending...

Post by goriko » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 3:48 pm

"Yes, you can. Actually you even have to. How can your daughter attend to local childcare under SVP?"

sound not logical but yes she can go for childcare even with SVP. so your son PR result already out? how old is your son nw?

do I need to apply for both my husband and daughter for ltvp?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 4:24 pm

goriko wrote:"Yes, you can. Actually you even have to. How can your daughter attend to local childcare under SVP?"

sound not logical but yes she can go for childcare even with SVP. so your son PR result already out? how old is your son nw?

do I need to apply for both my husband and daughter for ltvp?
Just your daughter. Your husband has to keep his S Pass because LTVP holders are not allowed to work.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 4:37 pm

goriko wrote:...so now I will bring my daughter to JB to get another 30days stay in Singapore while waiting for the PR result.
That's called a "visa run." I don't recommend it. There's no need to try to do something "sneaky" here, and she might not be let back in! Basic rule: don't act like a crook if you aren't a crook, and you aren't. Or at least try the front door before you start digging a tunnel. :D

You have a PR application pending for your daughter, and it's still being processed. So just contact ICA online or in person now and ask them to extend your daughter's SVP if she needs an extension. You can try using the e-XTEND online service, for example, but contact ICA if that doesn't work. (ICA provides information on extending SVPs on their Web site.) We've even seen a few reports that ICA instantly approved a pending PR application instead of extending the SVP, so that'd be OK, too. But if that doesn't happen, once you've extended her SVP get her LTVP application lodged with MOM.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 5:41 pm

goriko wrote:"Yes, you can. Actually you even have to. How can your daughter attend to local childcare under SVP?"

It was a few years ago but it doesn't matter - the point is, in a similar situation of my son with SVP the officer advised to apply for LTVP because the PR processing was likely to take longer than the validity of the SVP. In other words this is what should be done and it is not going to interfere with your PR application. On the other hand, visa runs, or/and an overstay may. And yes, for your daughter only.

goriko

Post by goriko » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 9:12 am

Hi all,

Now i have one more problem. My husband boss wanna to cancel my husband s pass and giving one mth notice. I was too sudden and we still don't understand what went wrong (boss is korean). So my question now can i apply ltvp for him while he still holding s pass together with my daughter? Or i need to wait after his s pass cancel then apply ltvp?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 10:03 am

Now it may depend on your salary. If it's above $3000 (~$2600 IIR) I believe you may be ok to include your husband. They may basically look whether your salary is good enough to support your whole family in Singapore.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 10:26 am

Assuming he wants to stay in Singapore, he should look for another employer (and a new S Pass or EP), and you should sponsor him for a LTVP in case he cannot find employment. There is an application fee for an LTVP, so you might delay a bit, but you don't want to wait until the last minute when he'll have to leave. (If you apply within his last 10 days of stay permission there's an extra charge, so don't wait that long. Figure out the exact date when his S Pass will be cancelled, and make sure his employer requests a 30 day STVP so he gets 30 days beyond that. You'll probably want to put in a LTVP application for him when he has about 20 days left on his STVP. If he simply isn't going to find new employment you can do it earlier.) As x9200 points out, he might not be approved for a LTVP if your income is too low. But since these are the only available options, you try.

goriko

Post by goriko » Mon, 02 Nov 2015 11:47 am

BBCWatcher wrote:Assuming he wants to stay in Singapore, he should look for another employer (and a new S Pass or EP), and you should sponsor him for a LTVP in case he cannot find employment. There is an application fee for an LTVP, so you might delay a bit, but you don't want to wait until the last minute when he'll have to leave. (If you apply within his last 10 days of stay permission there's an extra charge, so don't wait that long. Figure out the exact date when his S Pass will be cancelled, and make sure his employer requests a 30 day STVP so he gets 30 days beyond that. You'll probably want to put in a LTVP application for him when he has about 20 days left on his STVP. If he simply isn't going to find new employment you can do it earlier.) As x9200 points out, he might not be approved for a LTVP if your income is too low. But since these are the only available options, you try.
thank you for your advice. I already applied LTVP for both husband and daughter on 20 October 2015. Hopefully we can know the result by end of Nov. My husband last day is on 15Nov (since cancellation need to clear in 7 ~14days) and receive 30 days STVP, I guess by the time we know the result his visa still valid till we can complete the formalities (if approved).

goriko

Post by goriko » Fri, 18 Dec 2015 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

just to update you guys. my husband and daughter ltvp application has approved. Applied on 20/10/2015, get approval on 18/12/2015. Earliest date I can get to complete the formalities is on 8Jan2016.

can I travel out of Singapore while waiting for ltvp formalities apt? I intend to bring my daughter back to Malaysia for Christmas and New year from 24Dec2015 till 3Jan2016.

anyone have similar problem?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: (Advice Needed) Can apply LTVP while PR still pending...

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 18 Dec 2015 4:04 pm

goriko wrote:Hi guys,

just to update you guys. my husband and daughter ltvp application has approved. Applied on 20/10/2015, get approval on 18/12/2015. Earliest date I can get to complete the formalities is on 8Jan2016.

can I travel out of Singapore while waiting for ltvp formalities apt? I intend to bring my daughter back to Malaysia for Christmas and New year from 24Dec2015 till 3Jan2016.

No problem. Your automated queue number may not work as it used to be tied to the DE card. Go bit early and get queue number from counter.

goriko

Re: RE: Re: (Advice Needed) Can apply LTVP while PR still pending...

Post by goriko » Fri, 18 Dec 2015 4:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
goriko wrote:Hi guys,

No problem. Your automated queue number may not work as it used to be tied to the DE card. Go bit early and get queue number from counter.
I planning to go to ica nxt week see if i can submit early. thanks for the advice :)