Singapore Expats Forum

Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4989
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 9:39 am

So I used to be able to click a link and pay my wife's mobile phone bill.

Now there's three steps involved - create an account, provide my NRIC and now I have to have an SMS OPT to the phone (that is of course with my wife on the road)?

What the hell Singtel? I just want to pay the damn bill. AND I CAN'T.

Another example of these stupid idiotic sons of paddy farmers not thinking something through.
Last edited by PNGMK on Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby nakatago » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 9:45 am

They don't want some random stranger just paying for your bill willy-nilly!

User avatar
PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4989
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 9:49 am

That seems to the the intent. After giving this serious thought and assuming they're not just changing things for the sake of change (a common theme in Singapore); I'm prepared to assume they have actual reasons. Those reasons could be along the line you suggested - anti money laundering or data privacy. There seems to have been a rash of clamp downs on third party payments recently.

Either way for those who want to know how to pay bill I found that I could pay it online in Maybank with just the account number and amount.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby nakatago » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 9:56 am

Did you also get snail mail saying you've successfully paid your bill, a separate mail congratulating you for successfully creating your account, and a separate letter with your tax invoice?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby nakatago » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 9:57 am

Also,

Image

User avatar
PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4989
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:03 am

nakatago wrote:Did you also get snail mail saying you've successfully paid your bill, a separate mail congratulating you for successfully creating your account, and a separate letter with your tax invoice?


IT seriously looks like a 'make work' program.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5244
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby the lynx » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:23 am

Yeah I hate that one. So I pay my bills via online banking. Don't know why they want to make it hard for people to pay bills. Business-sense, they should make it hard for people NOT to pay bills instead!

But PNGMK, I'd wish you spare the paddy farmers. Their lives already hard enough. And I think the probability of that idiot in Singtel being a paddy farmer's son in Singapore is very very low.

User avatar
PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4989
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:26 am

the lynx wrote:Yeah I hate that one. So I pay my bills via online banking. Don't know why they want to make it hard for people to pay bills. Business-sense, they should make it hard for people NOT to pay bills instead!

But PNGMK, I'd wish you spare the paddy farmers. Their lives already hard enough. And I think the probability of that idiot in Singtel being a paddy farmer's son in Singapore is very very low.


Ok - the "children of coolies" then.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 3:57 pm

why not walk up to the axs machine and pay it there?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby nakatago » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 5:53 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:why not walk up to the axs machine and pay it there?


The AXS machine can only be reached by the same complex set of crossings LTA put in from his place; it's significantly faster, safer, less complicated and more convenient to pay online...using dial-up.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:28 am

nakatago wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:why not walk up to the axs machine and pay it there?


The AXS machine can only be reached by the same complex set of crossings LTA put in from his place; it's significantly faster, safer, less complicated and more convenient to pay online...using dial-up.


where does he stay?? :???:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby Brah » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 10:54 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
nakatago wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:why not walk up to the axs machine and pay it there?


The AXS machine can only be reached by the same complex set of crossings LTA put in from his place; it's significantly faster, safer, less complicated and more convenient to pay online...using dial-up.


where does he stay?? :???:

Reminds me of that which I first heard when I moved here and ever since. Where I have lived before it was "where does he live"
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 11:33 am

Brah wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:where does he stay?? :???:

Reminds me of that which I first heard when I moved here and ever since. Where I have lived before it was "where does he live"


one does not live in this country... he stays for x,y or z years.. :lol:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9782
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 12:58 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:one does not live in this country... he stays for x,y or z years..


Or ... resident Alien ?

User avatar
kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat, 05 Apr 2008
Location: in question

Re: Singtel phucks up again with bill payment

Postby kaseyma » Sun, 18 Oct 2015 1:23 pm

nakatago wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:why not walk up to the axs machine and pay it there?


The AXS machine can only be reached by the same complex set of crossings LTA put in from his place; it's significantly faster, safer, less complicated and more convenient to pay online...using dial-up.

Why not set up payment by GIRO?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests