Singapore Expats Forum

Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
Image
AE Logistics - Movers & Storage

gouriepanz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 13 Oct 2015

Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby gouriepanz » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 5:46 pm

hi, I am currently looking to adopt a 2-4 month white Labrador puppy or cream/white Labrador retriever puppy. Preferably male. Am looking to adopt as soon as possible. Please message me if you have any puppies up for adoption or know of friends who do. thank you :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9250
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 9:50 pm

gouriepanz wrote:hi, I am currently looking to adopt a 2-4 month white Labrador puppy or cream/white Labrador retriever puppy. Preferably male. Am looking to adopt as soon as possible. Please message me if you have any puppies up for adoption or know of friends who do. thank you :)

Did you try the shelters ?

Or are you fixated on a brand new puppy ?

gouriepanz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 13 Oct 2015

Re: RE: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby gouriepanz » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:03 pm

ecureilx wrote:
gouriepanz wrote:hi, I am currently looking to adopt a 2-4 month white Labrador puppy or cream/white Labrador retriever puppy. Preferably male. Am looking to adopt as soon as possible. Please message me if you have any puppies up for adoption or know of friends who do. thank you :)

Did you try the shelters ?

Or are you fixated on a brand new puppy ?


i have been looking at some shelters but haven't found any. Do you have any shelters to recommend me to approach? :) I am hoping to be able to find someone with a litter they are willing to give up for adoption and not go to the pet farms.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9157
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby x9200 » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:24 pm

I don't think you will manage to find anybody offering it. Why there should be any if they locally sell such puppies for a few thousand dollars a "piece"?

gouriepanz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 13 Oct 2015

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby gouriepanz » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:39 pm

x9200 wrote:I don't think you will manage to find anybody offering it. Why there should be any if they locally sell such puppies for a few thousand dollars a "piece"?


yes of course you are right. but I have heard of people who give up their litter of puppies for adoption (with adoption costs of course) instead of selling their puppies at exorbitant prices. so I believe I should continue to search instead of supporting the puppy mills.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9250
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:49 pm

gouriepanz wrote:yes of course you are right. but I have heard of people who give up their litter of puppies for adoption (with adoption costs of course) instead of selling their puppies at exorbitant prices. so I believe I should continue to search instead of supporting the puppy mills.


I maybe wrong but in land starved Singapore, I believe not many Quality breed dogs are given away.

And most others sterilize their dogs

Adoption cost ? Vs selling at exorbitant costs ? You mean professional breeders selling dogs?

Good luck in your search anyway.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9157
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby x9200 » Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:59 pm

Not even quality breed. Any reasonable. I know a bit the subject as we considered having a Labrador a few years ago and after researching the local market it appeared the only chance of getting a quality one was from Australia. All we had seen locally was in rather bad shape and still costing thousands.

gouriepanz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 13 Oct 2015

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby gouriepanz » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 7:17 am

x9200 wrote:Not even quality breed. Any reasonable. I know a bit the subject as we considered having a Labrador a few years ago and after researching the local market it appeared the only chance of getting a quality one was from Australia. All we had seen locally was in rather bad shape and still costing thousands.


yes, i have stories of that as well. do you know the cost of getting a quality lab from Australia into singapore?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9157
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby x9200 » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 8:03 am

IIRC SGD5-5.5k all inclusive (air freight etc.). But you won't get a puppy younger than 6 months this way.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34257
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 9:31 am

You also have to watch out for puppy mills in Australia as well.

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby bgd » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:00 am

x9200 wrote:Not even quality breed. Any reasonable. I know a bit the subject as we considered having a Labrador a few years ago and after researching the local market it appeared the only chance of getting a quality one was from Australia. All we had seen locally was in rather bad shape and still costing thousands.


Talked to the owner of a bulldog. He imported from Australia because the local options, apart from being poor quality, cost $15K. :???:

I indirectly know of a breeder of retrievers, apparently he is a very wealthy guy. I would say the chances of getting such a dog at less than market cost in Sg is almost zero.

gouriepanz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 13 Oct 2015

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby gouriepanz » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:22 am

bgd wrote:
x9200 wrote:Not even quality breed. Any reasonable. I know a bit the subject as we considered having a Labrador a few years ago and after researching the local market it appeared the only chance of getting a quality one was from Australia. All we had seen locally was in rather bad shape and still costing thousands.


Talked to the owner of a bulldog. He imported from Australia because the local options, apart from being poor quality, cost $15K. :???:

I indirectly know of a breeder of retrievers, apparently he is a very wealthy guy. I would say the chances of getting such a dog at less than market cost in Sg is almost zero.


Sigh. If he is a very wealthy guy though and probably doesn't need the money, do you think he could be persuade to give me a pup at adoption costs? Do you think you could put me in contact with him? (:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9250
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:39 am

gouriepanz wrote:Sigh. If he is a very wealthy guy though and probably doesn't need the money, do you think he could be persuade to give me a pup at adoption costs? Do you think you could put me in contact with him? (:


Just a little noted, wealthy people didn't become wealthy by giving away free stuff

They become wealthy by carefully managing their money and ensuring nothing is given out for cost or free

Or so I think :D

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby bgd » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:46 am

ecureilx wrote:
gouriepanz wrote:Sigh. If he is a very wealthy guy though and probably doesn't need the money, do you think he could be persuade to give me a pup at adoption costs? Do you think you could put me in contact with him? (:


Just a little noted, wealthy people didn't become wealthy by giving away free stuff

They become wealthy by carefully managing their money and ensuring nothing is given out for cost or free

Or so I think :D


It's his business, he didn't become wealthy by being a charity. :wink: And I only know of him, no contact details.

gouriepanz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 13 Oct 2015

Re: Looking to adopt white Labrador puppy

Postby gouriepanz » Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:59 am

hahaha point well noted. but if he is wealthy by being in the business of selling animals then i don't think i would like to contribute to his business anyway. still have to stand my moral ground somehow. one day some kind soul will let me adopt their puppy.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests