Singapore Expats

PMLA approved, what's next?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
renaldy

PMLA approved, what's next?

Post by renaldy » Sun, 11 Oct 2015 7:44 pm

Hi guys,

Was feeling lost until I found this great forum whereby there are a lot people in similar situation as me. Here is a bit of background of me and my gf

Me:
Local fresh-grad from local uni
Started job in Jul, salary ~3.5k-4k
Stay in with parents
Software Engineer
Known my girlfriend for 3.5 years

Her:
Philippines international
Degree holder
Has a job over there that translates to around 1K sgd/month

Our PMLA was approved, so the next step would be marriage, but I'm just feeling a bit paranoia despite people telling me that it is almost certain LTVP will be approved if PMLA is. Just want to check what are the odds of a PMLA approved couple having their LTVP application turned down?

Nextly, in the PMLA application, my girlfriend indicated her salary to be 1K sgd as the online PMLA form requires her to fill in her salary even if it was overseas pay. The natural thing for her would be to quit her job and come over here to get married, right? But wouldn't her quitting her job makes her jobless, and thus rendering the salary indicated in our PMLA as false/ineffective? Likewise I doubt her company would be kind enough to grant her that long of a leave for her to settle LTVP application in Singapore.

This is the part that I am worried about actually, anyone out there who had faced this issue too?

faithandme

Re: PMLA approved, what's next?

Post by faithandme » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:02 am

renaldy wrote:Hi guys,

Was feeling lost until I found this great forum whereby there are a lot people in similar situation as me. Here is a bit of background of me and my gf

Me:
Stay in with parents
Software Engineer

Her:
Degree holder

Our PMLA was approved, so the next step would be marriage, but I'm just feeling a bit paranoia despite people telling me that it is almost certain LTVP will be approved if PMLA is. Just want to check what are the odds of a PMLA approved couple having their LTVP application turned down?

Nextly, in the PMLA application, my girlfriend indicated her salary to be 1K sgd as the online PMLA form requires her to fill in her salary even if it was overseas pay. The natural thing for her would be to quit her job and come over here to get married, right? But wouldn't her quitting her job makes her jobless, and thus rendering the salary indicated in our PMLA as false/ineffective? Likewise I doubt her company would be kind enough to grant her that long of a leave for her to settle LTVP application in Singapore.

This is the part that I am worried about actually, anyone out there who had faced this issue too?
goodness, so i'm not alone in this uphill battle. your situation is almost similar to mine. i shall stay positive then.

tbh i cannot think of approved PMLA being turned down later for LTVP unless for extreme cases. (losing job in a sudden, criminal records etc)
but if i were you, i'd be paranoid too because LTVP is really important for young couples like us with foreign intended spouse. i guess it'd be better for you to focus on marriage now given that PMLA has already been approved.

as for your second question, i don't think your fiancee's employment status will affect your LTVP application. it is understandable that by marrying a sc and staying long term in singapore, the foreigners would have to quite their job at some point of time before moving over. hence my guess is that they are assessing the application with the presumption that the foreign spouse is unemployed and will be depending on the sc spouse in the early periods of the stay. in other words, it's the income and job stability of the sc spouse/sponsor that really matters in the ltvp application.

just my deductions.. but at any rate, congratulations and all the best. do keep us updated if there's any progress.
Last edited by faithandme on Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

faithandme

Re: PMLA approved, what's next?

Post by faithandme » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 12:04 am

faithandme wrote:
renaldy wrote:Hi guys,

Me:
Stay in with parents
Software Engineer

Her:
Degree holder

goodness, so i'm not alone in this uphill battle. your situation is almost similar to mine. i shall stay positive then.

tbh i cannot think of approved PMLA being turned down later for LTVP unless for extreme cases. (losing job in a sudden, criminal records etc)
but if i were you, i'd be paranoid too because LTVP is really important for young couples like us with foreign intended spouse. i guess it'd be better for you to focus on marriage now given that PMLA has already been approved.

as for your second question, i don't think your fiancee's employment status will affect your LTVP application. it is understandable that by marrying a sc and staying long term in singapore, the foreigners would have to quite their job at some point of time before moving over. hence my guess is that they are assessing the application with the presumption that the foreign spouse is unemployed and will be depending on the sc spouse in the early periods of the stay. in other words, it's the income and job stability of the sc spouse/sponsor that really matters in the ltvp application.

just my deductions.. but at any rate, congratulations and all the best. do keep us updated if there's any progress.