Singapore Expats Forum

5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1073
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby Pal » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:51 pm

A five-year-old boy was found dead in a condominium unit on Farrer Road on Tuesday morning (Oct 6), after his father was found injured outside a neighbourhood police post.

After questioning the man, the police went to a D'Leedon condominium unit believed to be on the 32nd floor. There, they found the body of a five-year-old boy - the son of the man - lying motionless in the bedroom.

Police later confirmed that the boy's father would be charged for murder on Wednesday.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin ... 72784.html
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Dating | Forum | Property
Image

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby nakatago » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 5:46 am

Filicide aside, the police didn't look into why the father was injured or ended up in Farrer road in the first place? Or at least the article stating if the police did?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10418
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 8:00 am

nakatago wrote:Filicide aside, the police didn't look into why the father was injured or ended up in Farrer road in the first place? Or at least the article stating if the police did?


Wrong country for in depth reporting. Then again, the USA aint much better... reporter sticks microphone into father's face and says, "How do you FEEL?"

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby nakatago » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 8:10 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
nakatago wrote:Filicide aside, the police didn't look into why the father was injured or ended up in Farrer road in the first place? Or at least the article stating if the police did?


Wrong country for in depth reporting. Then again, the USA aint much better... reporter sticks microphone into father's face and says, "How do you FEEL?"


Extremes at either end.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9167
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby x9200 » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 8:15 am

In depth reporting in Singapore includes personal data with the age and race and possibly names and location names inclusive of floor numbers. I am always surprised that the sell/rental data of the affected units are not included.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby the lynx » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 8:33 am

Looks like a troubled man to be sent for psychiatrist observation. God bless him and his poor son's soul. Probably the injuries were from attempted suicide after murder? And yes, with all those details included, why didn't anybody report about the motive of murder?

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby bgd » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 10:32 am

the lynx wrote:Looks like a troubled man to be sent for psychiatrist observation. God bless him and his poor son's soul. Probably the injuries were from attempted suicide after murder? And yes, with all those details included, why didn't anybody report about the motive of murder?


I read the child was the subject of a custody battle and the father's injuries were self inflicted.

I guess everyone has noticed that Sg reporting of a crime always includes the maximum penalty the crime can attact?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby JR8 » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 2:06 pm

x9200 wrote:In depth reporting in Singapore includes personal data with the age and race and possibly names and location names inclusive of floor numbers. I am always surprised that the sell/rental data of the affected units are not included.


If it were the UK media they'd probably suggest what the home is worth; and if it were the Daily Mail they *definitely* would. The Mail has such form in these things that there's memes out there that plays on how they get house prices into *any* story, however ridiculous and irrelevant.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby nakatago » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 6:14 pm

bgd wrote:
the lynx wrote:Looks like a troubled man to be sent for psychiatrist observation. God bless him and his poor son's soul. Probably the injuries were from attempted suicide after murder? And yes, with all those details included, why didn't anybody report about the motive of murder?


I read the child was the subject of a custody battle and the father's injuries were self inflicted.

I guess everyone has noticed that Sg reporting of a crime always includes the maximum penalty the crime can attact?


Ya gotta keep the citizenship in check and having a constant reminder of whom they should fear does that.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4857
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: 5 year-old boy found dead in D'Leedon, father to face murder charge

Postby PNGMK » Fri, 09 Oct 2015 3:23 pm

100% sympathy and empathy.
The family/syariah court here is no fun for men.
Next time at a meet up ask me my story.
I could have gone the same way this fellow and his poor kid did except for my belief system.
I have gay, black, Asian friends and then JR8.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest