Singapore Expats

Illegitimate child of a Singaporean Citizen needs help

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Illegitimate child of a Singaporean Citizen needs help

Post by menudown » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 12:55 pm

the lynx wrote: Lovely thoughts but not practical.

1. It was already mentioned that he has no intention to seek anything from them.

2. Unless it has reached the court (with arrest warrant etc), no point fighting a filed piece of paper they call police report.

3. Even if he gets to prove he is a biological son through DNA test, it doesn't absolve him from theft. Biological son or not, he is still capable of committing theft either way (putting aside if the accusation is true or not). Doesn't mean if he is not biological son, then he is the thief, or vice versa.

4. However, if he has time and money (and the intention), he can sue them for defamation. He can seek damages in forms mental and emotional anguish, and for libel (because a written document i.e. police report exists to defame him). Not worth it though and that was just a side-track from the actual discussion.
After the lengthy stories and what he've been thru, good that he can put everything behind and goes on with his life. but if he insist or really wants to know if he will face problem entering sg the only way to find out is go to sg :lol:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 1:09 pm

menudown wrote:After the lengthy stories and what he've been thru, good that he can put everything behind and goes on with his life. but if he insist or really wants to know if he will face problem entering sg the only way to find out is go to sg :lol:
Which is what I told from the beginning, and also reminded that it all seems to be a bit of scare tactic by the father's family :) :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 1:28 pm

menudown wrote: but if he insist or really wants to know if he will face problem entering sg the only way to find out is go to sg :lol:
That's incorrect, as we have already established. He can:
i) apply for some kind of SGn visa, the processing of which includes analysing his profile/records. Whether he needs or uses the visa the outcome will help indicate his status vs SG.
ii) As he knows what the potential issue is (police report/accusation of theft), without entering SG he can seek to determine whether such an accusation was taken to 'the next level', i.e. court. If it wasn't it seems he is free to enter SG in the typical way. And if it was taken to court, then he can define what he is up against and hence rebut/reverse/'neutralise' it.

The above is premised on the idea, that no one wants to test whether they can enter a country on holiday, by say taking leave, booking flights and hotel etc etc and physically showing up at Changi fearing you might be immediately deported.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 1:30 pm

JR8 wrote: fearing you might be immediately deported.
That was the least of his worries.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 2:10 pm

JR8 wrote: That's incorrect, as we have already established. He can:
i) apply for some kind of SGn visa, the processing of which includes analysing his profile/records. Whether he needs or uses the visa the outcome will help indicate his status vs SG.
ii) As he knows what the potential issue is (police report/accusation of theft), without entering SG he can seek to determine whether such an accusation was taken to 'the next level', i.e. court. If it wasn't it seems he is free to enter SG in the typical way. And if it was taken to court, then he can define what he is up against and hence rebut/reverse/'neutralise' it.

The above is premised on the idea, that no one wants to test whether they can enter a country on holiday, by say taking leave, booking flights and hotel etc etc and physically showing up at Changi fearing you might be immediately deported.
Ok, you see, on a legal front, you are the Winner

But in reality, there are few issues here, hence my supposed 'insinuations'

1) There is no VISA for countries that get Visa on arrival, unless they have been banned and then you can write in with a Local Sponsor/guarantor - i.e. you need to show a pressing reason to visit Singapore. Love for USS is NOT one of them. And again, you can prove me wrong, you can only apply for a Visa, if you have been denied entry or deported, or else ICA will not entertain because you suspect you may be denied entry, and hence, you are applying for a visa- you can prove me wrong, if I am misinformed.

2) From the bits and pieces I know, there are no clear black and white answers. There are cases where for minor issues, visitors were denied entry, and the reason was not serious enough for the visitor to be arrested, but hazy enough for ICA to say 'go back .. '

And some of the reasons are beyond belief, but, we all know, ICA errs on the side of the caution. Better to send them back than let them in and then worry, seems to be the way things happen in Singapore.

3) Getting deported ? well, that is the maximum I can see happening. As said so many times, every day a dozen or so girls and guys, including from PH, are sent A-to-A, with no reasons given. If they are lucky, they get put in the next flight back home, or the flight turning around for home. And as I said, that include BOYS too, not just girl. And that includes those who have never been to Singapore before to those who have worked in Singapore, again, no reasons given. And also a simple letter to the right authority can get you easily denied entry, and from what i have seen, there is a 50% success rate there. And I am sure that the success rate, at the least, will be above nothing - i..e you can possibly succeed.

4) And before everything, he has to run the gauntlet of the Manila Immigration, who are going to ask his purpose of visit to Singapore, and that's a different story, if he can convince them that USS is so good he must visit the place. And again, every flight has an average of 1 or 2 persons offload by Immigration in PH. And this will go 'off topic'

5) and lastly, if above is not clear, you can't easily erase a record, if a person has gone to lengths to try to stop you from entering, but not the last mile to ensure you will get arrested. Because there is no record, but note, sufficient enough, for raising orange flags at ICA. or so I have learnt.

If you or anybody has any other concrete answers, from experience, not from 'legal terms', I am more than happy to listen. I will shut up now.

And I am NOT insinuating anything ...

And nakatago is right - OP is not at all bothered about A2A !

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 3:00 pm

nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote: fearing you might be immediately deported.
That was the least of his worries.
I can see where your thinking lies, but FWIW and for the record I'm posting based upon the original post/question...

'
pj2629 wrote:Now my friend wanted to go to Singapore again for travel. What is waiting for him there knowing there was a report filed on him two years ago???...
He was thinking he'd be banned by the immigration and not permitted to go inside the territory of Singapore. Or he will be arrested etc.
Either way... hopefully now the OPs friend has some form of avenue out of this uncertainty.

p.s. and again for the record... when I suggested applying for some form of visa that would require his records to be verified before entering SG, by definition that did not mean an SVP on arrival.
Hence observations on that suggestion such as:
>>Ecu: '1) There is no VISA for countries that get Visa on arrival'
...are missing the point of what was suggested and why.

Are we done? :)
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

pj2629

Post by pj2629 » Sun, 11 Oct 2015 5:35 am

thank you everyone!!!