Singapore Expats

PR REJECTED SEPT 2015

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mss123

PR REJECTED SEPT 2015

Post by mss123 » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 9:32 pm

Hi,
thanks to forum organizers for helping to have this platform to help PR applicants.

my PR is rejected twice. Need help if appeal is better or make a 3rd application?

profile when applied for 1st time in 2013 (rejected after 9 months):- ME+ applied with wife
2.5 yrs in Singapore
Indian- 27 yrs, Married
MSc Mech Engg from NUS- studying
pay- $5k per month
1 time tax paid

profile when applied for 2nd time in 2015 (rejected after 3 months):- ME + applied with wife & daughter
5yrs in Singapore
Indian- 29 yrs, Married & have 1 daughter
MSc Mech Engg from NUS
pay- $9k per month
3 times tax paid
Red Cross Volunteer
my wife:-
$3.8k per month
Indian- 29yrs

both time i got the same letter stating " we have reviewed your application and regret to inform PR cannot be granted"

i am planning to appeal, but welcome your comments, ideas and thoughts

jilljungjuck

Re: PR REJECTED SEPT 2015

Post by jilljungjuck » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 12:19 am

Appealing on the result given to you by ICA is pointless. You are not entitled to a Pr status here.
Instead ask for a feedback appointment. That should show commitment. Depending on the outcome you can try applying 2 years later.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 2:25 am

jilljungjuck wrote:Appealing on the result given to you by ICA is pointless. You are not entitled to a Pr status here.
Instead ask for a feedback appointment. That should show commitment. Depending on the outcome you can try applying 2 years later.

Why do you say that? OP meets the time and tax filing criteria. ICA is not going to give feedback.

jilljungjuck

Post by jilljungjuck » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 9:08 am

Strong Eagle wrote: Why do you say that? OP meets the time and tax filing criteria. ICA is not going to give feedback.
Worth a shot. Ask nicely.
Irrespective of whether they say something actionable or refuse to give you an appointment at all, it is still better than appealing.

mss123

Post by mss123 » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 9:51 am

Thanks Jilljungjuck..Let me try to send a email to ICA

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 9:57 am

ICA will not entertain any feedback. any 1 who succeed to obtain a reason from them, do let us know.

Recently i've heard PR rejected-->Appealed-- can appeal now?

My point of view, application rejected not equals to death penalties, which means that with your current status, still not good enough for them to approve compared to other's application with same nationality.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 10:42 am

jilljungjuck wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: Why do you say that? OP meets the time and tax filing criteria. ICA is not going to give feedback.
Worth a shot. Ask nicely.
Irrespective of whether they say something actionable or refuse to give you an appointment at all, it is still better than appealing.
You are spouting pure unmitigated bullshit. ICA will NEVER tell you exactly why your application was rejected. They send out 3 or 4 versions of form letters which basically say, not now, try later, not now, maybe later, and, "you are a f*cked duck"... keep your employment pass.

Your post shows your ignorance about what the ICA will reveal... which is not much... because if they started giving reasons, about 25 million people would start trying to tailor their applications to the reasons given.

You do the OP a disservice with your posts. Asking for feedback will accomplish zero, except maybe put the OP on a shit list where he will never get PR.

The facts of the matter are this: He has been here long enough. He has paid taxes for three years. He has had a substantial increase in income. He is making $9,000 per month... a shitpot more than the average salary. It's probably hurting him in the current idiotic anti-foreigner climate in Singapore... he's probably viewed as "stealing" a $9,000 per month job from a more qualified Singaporean.

And he is Indian... and if you read enough of these threads, far too many Indians are getting screwed by ICA simply because the "racial balance" isn't "right" according to the Chinese majority leaders. You go figure it out.

OP sounds like a guy that would be an asset to Singapore, but the warped views and selection criteria really suggest he should try elsewhere where he might actually be appreciated.

And you, "jilljungjuck", I suggest you stop posting so ignorantly.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:48 am

mss123 wrote:Hi,
thanks to forum organizers for helping to have this platform to help PR applicants.

my PR is rejected twice. Need help if appeal is better or make a 3rd application?

profile when applied for 1st time in 2013 (rejected after 9 months):- ME+ applied with wife
2.5 yrs in Singapore
Indian- 27 yrs, Married
MSc Mech Engg from NUS- studying
pay- $5k per month
1 time tax paid

profile when applied for 2nd time in 2015 (rejected after 3 months):- ME + applied with wife & daughter
5yrs in Singapore
Indian- 29 yrs, Married & have 1 daughter
MSc Mech Engg from NUS
pay- $9k per month
3 times tax paid
Red Cross Volunteer
my wife:-
$3.8k per month
Indian- 29yrs

both time i got the same letter stating " we have reviewed your application and regret to inform PR cannot be granted"

i am planning to appeal, but welcome your comments, ideas and thoughts
Sorry to hear about the rejection. Salary, wife's salary, duration in Singapore, etc looks good, all except your nationality (it sucks but that's the reality in Singapore - many other nationalities are getting it hard too like Filipinos, Caucasians etc).

I hear that you can appeal within 6 months. So far no one has come here and share their experience in appealing, plus the outcome. So if there is an avenue for you to do so, give it a try and let us know.

But I can 100% assure you that ICA will NOT give any reason for rejection. Never. Take our word for it. Because if they do, they will have tens of thousands applicants tailoring their application to "fit", or like what happened to Canada, get sued by disappointed applicants for "taking away what seems to be their right to be PR".

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 1:20 pm

Mss123, did your rejection letter suggest reapplying within a particular time? If it did, that's cause for a bit of optimism provided you follow the letter's advice and wait at least as long as the letter recommends before reapplying. If the letter did not, well.... :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR REJECTED SEPT 2015

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 11:09 pm

mss123 wrote: i am planning to appeal, but welcome your comments, ideas and thoughts
Which end of India do you hail from ?

That "maybe" a clue, if I listen to local sentiments . ...

mss123

Post by mss123 » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 9:03 am

All- thanks for all the comments, inputs and feedback

@BBCwatcher- :( unfortunately the letter did not say anything more

@ecureilx- i am from south india..yes south indian people have been in news in the recent past, for the wrong deeds.. what i know is fresh gards (single) who just got jobs in past 1yr go their PR approved. i know of 2 people from south india who got their PR..i thought ICA is looking for family but now single young people are getting PR (not sure if 29 is too old :))

All- i am planning to work further on my profile..there are changes coming up in Nov/Dec...so i am planning to appeal in Jan 2016..that's the tentative plan for now...i will share if anything comes up..

rockstar_sg

Post by rockstar_sg » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 12:42 pm

Which part of South India exactly? Do you speak the one of the official Indian language Singapore have? Asking for the Feedback is bulls***. ICA never ever gives feedback appointment at all - so not even try. Wait for another year and re-apply. In my opinion, most of the cases I have seen, if you got PR rejected twice than the chances are very very slim to get PR. I have seen no - cases got approved after second try with the profile like yours. May be someone post if they know anyone got approved to help your morale. Singapore need foreigner count too. so contribute your part.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR REJECTED SEPT 2015

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:19 pm

rockstar_sg wrote:. Singapore need foreigner count too. so contribute your part.
Did OP donate blood ? Yes, show commitment Image

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Post by Sp1d3rMan » Fri, 09 Oct 2015 10:03 am

I do Donate blood. maybe i shown my commitment? :lol:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: PR REJECTED SEPT 2015

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 09 Oct 2015 10:39 am

Sp1d3rMan wrote:I do Donate blood. maybe i shown my commitment? Image
Maybe that's not of sufficient quantity ? Image

I doubt if ICA gives volunteering and blood donation etc etc any weight of late, as too many are trying to tick boxes, and most look pretty planned just for the possible benefits, in terms of PR etc...

In the recent past too many aspiring candidates contributed just enough and once the got the reward of PR, instantly stopped.

Alas, as I said before, I am sure ICA can't figure out those with true and real commitment l vs those just ticking the boxes.