Singapore Expats Forum

[Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
faithandme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 Sep 2015

[Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby faithandme » Sun, 04 Oct 2015 11:08 am

Dear all.

I am a SC and I intend to apply for LTVP for my fiancee.
We have submitted a Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment, have not gotten back any result.

Seeking advice from experienced forumers here.

My situations is as follows:

I have known my fiancee close to 2 years
I stay with my parents, i am a co-owner of HDB.
Degree holder, graduated a few months ago. Income S$3k plus

My fiancee is a Taiwanese, degree holder, graduated a few months ago too
Came to Singapore 2 months ago to work in sales
She is holding a WP. Income bracket @ 1.5k to 1.8k
She has the approval from MOM to marry a SC.


What will be the chances of us getting an approval for LTVP (or PMLA)?

Is there any potential red flags? (I've heard the authorities do not favour work permit holders :cry: )

If chances are low, what other options do I have?

We are very determined to settle down in Singapore and would like to avoid at all cost going back to the torturous long distance relationship again. Getting really stressed out, keeping my fingers crossed.

My appreciations in advance for any advice given.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35178
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:24 am

You may well have a problem initially, and you should be prepared to be rejected initially and have her continue working on her WP if possible. The reason is that your income is not sufficient to convince the ICA that you are able to support her should you lose your job. The current figure is somewhere around 4.5K/mo for the sponsoring spouse. However, if she can remain here, say for two years or more, married, the ICA 'may' see fit to give you an LTVP or LTVP+. Having said that, I must also say that it is too early to draw any new conclusions if policies have started to change in the wake of the last GE. You may well get lucky and I'd apply for it, but be prepared for the worst (a bit of a wait until your earnings grow enough to convince ICA you can support her on your own. Who knows you might get lucky but I don't want to build up your hopes at this point.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby the lynx » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:27 am

faithandme wrote:Dear all.

I am a SC and I intend to apply for LTVP for my fiancee.
We have submitted a Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment, have not gotten back any result.

Seeking advice from experienced forumers here.

My situations is as follows:

I have known my fiancee close to 2 years
I stay with my parents, i am a co-owner of HDB.
Degree holder, graduated a few months ago. Income S$3k plus

My fiancee is a Taiwanese, degree holder, graduated a few months ago too
Came to Singapore 2 months ago to work in sales
She is holding a WP. Income bracket @ 1.5k to 1.8k
She has the approval from MOM to marry a SC.


What will be the chances of us getting an approval for LTVP (or PMLA)?

Is there any potential red flags? (I've heard the authorities do not favour work permit holders :cry: )

If chances are low, what other options do I have?

We are very determined to settle down in Singapore and would like to avoid at all cost going back to the torturous long distance relationship again. Getting really stressed out, keeping my fingers crossed.

My appreciations in advance for any advice given.


If she has the approval from MOM to marry a SC, there shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Oops didn't notice SMS's answer but I'd agree to him more.

faithandme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 Sep 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby faithandme » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. My appreciations.

My gross is in fact 4K after adding in all th allowances. I'm not sure if th authorities would be that strict on the 4.5k cut off. (And the last I heard was 3k).

I thought her status as a wp holder would be a problem but it turns out to be my income.

Have submitted pre marriage ltvp assessment and the result should be coming on anytime. I'm keeping all my fingers crossed that the result is a positive one so that we can go ahead and apply for ltvp proper.

It's been a rough journey for my fiancée and I. At the mercy of the authorities.

Btw, in the worst scenario, does an appeal with a MP's letter help?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35178
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:01 am

Frankly, no.

yayi3210
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby yayi3210 » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:13 am

hi OP

the LTVP is taking longer then usual is due to the people holding WP with SC spouse, the company want them to change to LTVP and just do a LOC to MOM. so there is a large number of LTVP processing at the ICA.
i think you should have no problem in getting LTVP as my salary are lower then yours and i just a dip holder with my spouse a secondary education.

good luck and just wait.

faithandme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 Sep 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby faithandme » Fri, 09 Oct 2015 9:37 pm

yayi3210 wrote:hi OP

the LTVP is taking longer then usual is due to the people holding WP with SC spouse, the company want them to change to LTVP and just do a LOC to MOM. so there is a large number of LTVP processing at the ICA.
i think you should have no problem in getting LTVP as my salary are lower then yours and i just a dip holder with my spouse a secondary education.

good luck and just wait.


hi yayi3210, thanks for the reply and well wishes. hope you guys are doing well.
may i know when did you spouse obtain the ltvp? is it recently in year 2015? it's quite hard to compare as criteria seem to be rising every year

by the way i have just been summoned by the ica to submit my a) 6 month salary slips, b) 3 year tax assessment and c) 12 months cpf contribution statements. and i have a bad feeling about it... because i have just started working and i am unable to produce some of the above mentioned documents.

does anyone have any experience of being requested to submit supporting documents as such in the middle of an pre-marriage ltvp assessment application?

i guess having a "stable" job really helps in an ltvp/PMLA application. but what is the duration required to be considered "stable"? bless us....

renaldy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 11 Oct 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby renaldy » Sun, 11 Oct 2015 7:36 pm

faithandme wrote:Dear all.

I am a SC and I intend to apply for LTVP for my fiancee.
We have submitted a Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment, have not gotten back any result.

Seeking advice from experienced forumers here.

My situations is as follows:

I have known my fiancee close to 2 years
I stay with my parents, i am a co-owner of HDB.
Degree holder, graduated a few months ago. Income S$3k plus

My fiancee is a Taiwanese, degree holder, graduated a few months ago too
Came to Singapore 2 months ago to work in sales
She is holding a WP. Income bracket @ 1.5k to 1.8k
She has the approval from MOM to marry a SC.


What will be the chances of us getting an approval for LTVP (or PMLA)?

Is there any potential red flags? (I've heard the authorities do not favour work permit holders :cry: )

If chances are low, what other options do I have?

We are very determined to settle down in Singapore and would like to avoid at all cost going back to the torturous long distance relationship again. Getting really stressed out, keeping my fingers crossed.

My appreciations in advance for any advice given.


hello, just want to share with you my story. i just had my PMLA approved, fresh-grad myself and applying for my fiancee who is a philippines international, doesn't co-own the HDB like you, barely started my job for the 4th month. So I guess on paper your situation is better than me, dont worry I'm sure things will be fine for you :)

faithandme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 Sep 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby faithandme » Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:50 pm

renaldy wrote:
faithandme wrote:Dear all.

I am a SC and I intend to apply for LTVP for my fiancee.
We have submitted a Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment, have not gotten back any result.

Seeking advice from experienced forumers here.

My situations is as follows:

I have known my fiancee close to 2 years
I stay with my parents, i am a co-owner of HDB.
Degree holder, graduated a few months ago. Income S$3k plus

My fiancee is a Taiwanese, degree holder, graduated a few months ago too
Came to Singapore 2 months ago to work in sales
She is holding a WP. Income bracket @ 1.5k to 1.8k
She has the approval from MOM to marry a SC.


What will be the chances of us getting an approval for LTVP (or PMLA)?

Is there any potential red flags? (I've heard the authorities do not favour work permit holders :cry: )

If chances are low, what other options do I have?

We are very determined to settle down in Singapore and would like to avoid at all cost going back to the torturous long distance relationship again. Getting really stressed out, keeping my fingers crossed.

My appreciations in advance for any advice given.


hello, just want to share with you my story. i just had my PMLA approved, fresh-grad myself and applying for my fiancee who is a philippines international, doesn't co-own the HDB like you, barely started my job for the 4th month. So I guess on paper your situation is better than me, dont worry I'm sure things will be fine for you :)


hi renaldy, thanks for the wishes and congratulations on getting your PMLA approved. I'm sure if the situation doesn't change, your fiancee's ltvp is almost guaranteed as the FAQs on ICA website explained.

may i ask during your PMLA application, did ICA request you, by post, to submit additional documents on your employment, salaryslips, tax assessment and CPF contribution statements?

renaldy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 11 Oct 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby renaldy » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 8:09 am

faithandme wrote:
hi renaldy, thanks for the wishes and congratulations on getting your PMLA approved. I'm sure if the situation doesn't change, your fiancee's ltvp is almost guaranteed as the FAQs on ICA website explained.

may i ask during your PMLA application, did ICA request you, by post, to submit additional documents on your employment, salaryslips, tax assessment and CPF contribution statements?


Hello, nope they didn't, i'm assuming that if you are employed in Singapore then they will be able to deduce your salary and etc from CPF. TBH I'm pretty surprised it got accepted since I haven't even contribute tax yet, but since it got accepted well, I'm not complaining

faithandme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 Sep 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby faithandme » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 6:48 pm

renaldy wrote:
faithandme wrote:
hi renaldy, thanks for the wishes and congratulations on getting your PMLA approved. I'm sure if the situation doesn't change, your fiancee's ltvp is almost guaranteed as the FAQs on ICA website explained.

may i ask during your PMLA application, did ICA request you, by post, to submit additional documents on your employment, salaryslips, tax assessment and CPF contribution statements?


Hello, nope they didn't, i'm assuming that if you are employed in Singapore then they will be able to deduce your salary and etc from CPF. TBH I'm pretty surprised it got accepted since I haven't even contribute tax yet, but since it got accepted well, I'm not complaining


i see, i wonder why the difference in their approach to my application. in fact i haven't read about cases that the authorities request for additional documents for PMLA application. making me feel really uneasy and dishearteded.

may i also ask, at the point of your application, how many months have you worked or your company?

renaldy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 11 Oct 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby renaldy » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 8:00 pm

faithandme wrote:
renaldy wrote:
faithandme wrote:
hi renaldy, thanks for the wishes and congratulations on getting your PMLA approved. I'm sure if the situation doesn't change, your fiancee's ltvp is almost guaranteed as the FAQs on ICA website explained.

may i ask during your PMLA application, did ICA request you, by post, to submit additional documents on your employment, salaryslips, tax assessment and CPF contribution statements?


Hello, nope they didn't, i'm assuming that if you are employed in Singapore then they will be able to deduce your salary and etc from CPF. TBH I'm pretty surprised it got accepted since I haven't even contribute tax yet, but since it got accepted well, I'm not complaining


i see, i wonder why the difference in their approach to my application. in fact i haven't read about cases that the authorities request for additional documents for PMLA application. making me feel really uneasy and dishearteded.

may i also ask, at the point of your application, how many months have you worked or your company?



there may be underlying factors, my suggestion will be not to read too much into it, the positive is that however, they bother to ask for your records, if it was a outright no then they wouldn't even be asking, if i were you i will probably see more good than bad in that :)

i started work in june, applied earlier this month, so i have worked for around 4 months

faithandme
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 Sep 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby faithandme » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:28 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I guess you're right in a sense that they are still giving me a chance to prove my financial status instead of rejecting me outright. Shall see how much of a chance it will turn out out to be.

But like you said, th government probably have access to cpf statements and tax records to deduce so that's why I'm not sure why we they requesting for them.

Well for me, at the point of application, I've only worked for 1 month. Maybe that could be the reason. Just maybe..

yayi3210
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2015

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby yayi3210 » Mon, 19 Oct 2015 8:58 am

hi yayi3210, thanks for the reply and well wishes. hope you guys are doing well.
may i know when did you spouse obtain the ltvp? is it recently in year 2015? it's quite hard to compare as criteria seem to be rising every year

by the way i have just been summoned by the ica to submit my a) 6 month salary slips, b) 3 year tax assessment and c) 12 months cpf contribution statements. and i have a bad feeling about it... because i have just started working and i am unable to produce some of the above mentioned documents.

does anyone have any experience of being requested to submit supporting documents as such in the middle of an pre-marriage ltvp assessment application?

i guess having a "stable" job really helps in an ltvp/PMLA application. but what is the duration required to be considered "stable"? bless us....


hi
my spouse Ltvp just approved a month ago, then came the PR approval, if you cant submit your cpf contribution because you just started work, you can request a letter of employment from your employer to prove you are working in the company with the monthly salary and designation. Submission of all these documents just to prove that you are working and able to support your spouse. the purpose of all this documents seems like they want to know how stable are you in the job and how stable are your income, if they see that you are in the job for long time then supporting your spouse wont be a issue. since you just in the job, you just produce the letter of employment and cpf contribution history if you cant produce 6 months pay slip. just give the payslip which you have for the current job.

dont worry too much, after Ltvp, next will be PR if you are going to settle in singapore. just wish for the best. even if the result dosent give what you want, just reapply again. this take times and for PR, the ica will look into even more conditions and they will take their time to access the application.

but i see that for your case, you are applying for PMLA and not Ltvp right? for my case, I didnt apply for PMLA as this option was not introduce when i apply for Ltvp, and my spouse and me are already married when i apply for ltvp. (for your consideration for an option 8-) .)

good luck.

alicethen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 07 Mar 2016

Re: [Advice needed] Chances of securing LTVP for my fiancee

Postby alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:16 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You may well have a problem initially, and you should be prepared to be rejected initially and have her continue working on her WP if possible. The reason is that your income is not sufficient to convince the ICA that you are able to support her should you lose your job. The current figure is somewhere around 4.5K/mo for the sponsoring spouse. However, if she can remain here, say for two years or more, married, the ICA 'may' see fit to give you an LTVP or LTVP+. Having said that, I must also say that it is too early to draw any new conclusions if policies have started to change in the wake of the last GE. You may well get lucky and I'd apply for it, but be prepared for the worst (a bit of a wait until your earnings grow enough to convince ICA you can support her on your own. Who knows you might get lucky but I don't want to build up your hopes at this point.


Hi Sundaymorningstaple! I was wondering how did you manage to find out that the cut off income figure is 4.5k? I'm about to begin work that earns around 3.8k before CPF deductions in the civil service sector, and I wonder if that would lower my chances... Also, my Polish fiance is currently in Singapore trying to find a job, and so is unemployed at the moment. Do you happen to have nay idea if that would affect the ICA's decision as well?

Thank you so so much :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests