Singapore Expats Forum

Where can I find good free vpn?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
gilberto667
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2015

Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby gilberto667 » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 4:13 pm

Dear all,

I am new user into this forum. Also new to the internet world. Looking for a good vpn (free) for myself. Actually I know little about vpn service. So waiting for your reply which one should I use?

Guys if you know good vpn site please suggest me.

Thanks for your time!

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2810
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 5:55 pm

on the internet.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9294
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby x9200 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 8:39 am

gilberto667 wrote:Dear all,

I am new user into this forum. Also new to the internet world. Looking for a good vpn (free) for myself. Actually I know little about vpn service. So waiting for your reply which one should I use?

Guys if you know good vpn site please suggest me.

Thanks for your time!

Is there any specific reason why writing your post from Bangladesh you decided to ask this question on a Singapore forum for the expacts?

Moderator

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10737
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:10 am

There is no such thing as a "good free VPN". There are shitty free VPN's that may be stealing your data stream. There are paid services that range from shitty to very good.

And if you suggest a free VPN service, I'm going to guess that you are a spammer.

Cheers.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5253
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby the lynx » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:14 am

In the real world, there is no such thing as free and good coming together as a service.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2810
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 10:41 am

x9200 wrote:
gilberto667 wrote:Dear all,

I am new user into this forum. Also new to the internet world. Looking for a good vpn (free) for myself. Actually I know little about vpn service. So waiting for your reply which one should I use?

Guys if you know good vpn site please suggest me.

Thanks for your time!

Is there any specific reason why writing your post from Bangladesh you decided to ask this question on a Singapore forum for the expacts?

Moderator


In all fairness it could be a Bangladeshi guy who went back home to his country from Singapore to visit his folks or whatever, his query could have been legitimate.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9294
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby x9200 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 11:00 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
x9200 wrote:
gilberto667 wrote:Dear all,

I am new user into this forum. Also new to the internet world. Looking for a good vpn (free) for myself. Actually I know little about vpn service. So waiting for your reply which one should I use?

Guys if you know good vpn site please suggest me.

Thanks for your time!

Is there any specific reason why writing your post from Bangladesh you decided to ask this question on a Singapore forum for the expacts?

Moderator


In all fairness it could be a Bangladeshi guy who went back home to his country from Singapore to visit his folks or whatever, his query could have been legitimate.


If I didn't factor that in his account would be already locked, the thread removed and I would not be bothered to ask any questions.

PS. Nearly 100% cases like this one (first post, posting from abroad, topic not related to SG) are spammers.

Moderator

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby bgd » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 12:10 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:In all fairness it could be a Bangladeshi guy who went back home to his country from Singapore to visit his folks or whatever, his query could have been legitimate.


Let's not go soft here, stick with your "on the internet comment". :wink:

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby Steve1960 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 2:08 pm

the lynx wrote:In the real world, there is no such thing as free and good coming together as a service.


Microsoft Windows 10? :wink:

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby bgd » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 4:05 pm

Steve1960 wrote:
the lynx wrote:In the real world, there is no such thing as free and good coming together as a service.


Microsoft Windows 10? :wink:


She also said good. :lol:

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby Steve1960 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 4:07 pm

Yes it was tongue in cheek with me being in the Apple camp. Maybe I should have said El Capitan which would be true rather than a joke ;-)

gilberto667
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2015

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby gilberto667 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 6:46 pm

I can't ask for solution?

gilberto667
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 30 Sep 2015

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby gilberto667 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 6:49 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:on the internet.

Great idea! I have done that too. I want to share which I found while searching through the internet. Here it is [sanitized by Moderator] is this well enough I am looking for guys?

Let me know thanks!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby JR8 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 7:22 pm

gilberto667 wrote: Great idea! I have done that too. I want to share which I found while searching through the internet. Here it is [xyz] is this well enough I am looking for guys? Let me know thanks!


'Cost per month
12 Month Plan: $3.33
1 Month Plan: $6.95'


So how does that fit with your requirement of being free?
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9294
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Where can I find good free vpn?

Postby x9200 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 7:52 pm

gilberto667 wrote:I can't ask for solution?

You did not answer my question. You post one more link and you are locked.

Moderator


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests