Please advise between this 2 properties floorplan

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Please advise between this 2 properties floorplan

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 3:38 pm

You say the GFA is 90m2, but for reference what is the habitable space? I.e. without the bomb shelter, hallways, terraces, air-con ledge, ledges in the bedroom/s, jacuzzis, built-in cupboards, kitchen and bathroom/s?

What are the sizes of the indicated beds? Show homes (not just in SG) are notorious for using say 3/4 sized furniture to create an illusion of space. I.e. there is a risk that if you put any kind of normal bed in such a bedroom there's hardly room to move, never mind get a desk in too.

I did a bit of a double-take when I realised that both units have a sofa indicated but no armchairs. How big are the indicated sofas, and where might guests sit whilst the three of you are on the sofa?

p.s. Both have kitchens with veeery little storage space.
Shame it's not possible to see the positioning of windows.
The open-plan kitchen in no.2 would be a source of noise/odour if you're into cooking.
... I take it you have viewed both of these places...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

Singapore Property Search

nakatago

Re: RE: Re: Please advise between this 2 properties floorplan

Post by nakatago » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 3:45 pm

JR8 wrote:Both have kitchens with veeery little storage space
Don't be ridiculous.

This is Singapore where apparently, no one does any serious cooking at home. /s

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv using Tapatalk
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Chineseguy

Post by Chineseguy » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 3:49 pm

Layout 2 will only be ready for viewing in another month to key collection. Layout 1 already top 2012. My agent sent me the 2 based on my request of at least a 2 room preferably seperated by 2 floors and within my budget of 1.2mil and FH, less than 700m walk to MRT. Since we don't have real Friends or relatives in singapore, I won't consider guests important.

My agent just sent me another one, same no 2 development, same size 90sqm and price might nego to same plus minus. Extra bedrooms. Hmmm... Please comment
Attachments
page0036-1.jpg

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 3:59 pm

Chineseguy wrote:Hi bgd,

It that allowed? I thought we are not supposed to enclose balcony or roof terrace.
Can u show me a sample link to an image u described? I can't quite visualise. Thanks.
No images to hand and would depend on the management company I guess. Picture a balcony enclosed in windows. Top is the underneath of the balcony above. More commonly done with blinds.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 01 Oct 2015 7:29 pm

Hmm I think I live in #1. Is it in Katong? That is almost the mirror image floor plan of the unit next to the one I'm currently renting. Mine is similar, but kitchen in a slightly different spot and a study/"maid's room" smaller that would be a felony to allow someone to live in in the West.

I prefer outdoor space to indoor space, so I'd go with unit 1 as long as it is in a quiet area. All things being equal of course. Location to me is more important than the unit itself.

Chineseguy

Post by Chineseguy » Fri, 02 Oct 2015 4:52 pm

Thanks Zzm9980 for your reply. I have shortlisted #1 and #3 for viewing. #3 is 3 bedder. Extra bedroom for same cost, seems worthwhile.