Singapore Expats

HELP on pending for employment pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
esyk

HELP on pending for employment pass

Post by esyk » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 4:40 pm

I would like to know if employment pass had any quota or any limitation? As I had got an offer from a company but when they applied for the pass, I was rejected, the Co told me is because MOM told them that their quota is full.

Therefore, I took the offer of Co B and currently they are working on the EP application. However, after 3 weeks I still hard to get a response from the Co as they told me the MOM has keep asking for more information on my application. What is this mean or why is this situation happening? Is it affected by my first application by Co A? Currently i am still waiting for my pass and it is almost one month already.

Thanks for all of your help.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: HELP on pending for employment pass

Post by the lynx » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 4:54 pm

esyk wrote:I would like to know if employment pass had any quota or any limitation? As I had got an offer from a company but when they applied for the pass, I was rejected, the Co told me is because MOM told them that their quota is full.

Therefore, I took the offer of Co B and currently they are working on the EP application. However, after 3 weeks I still hard to get a response from the Co as they told me the MOM has keep asking for more information on my application. What is this mean or why is this situation happening? Is it affected by my first application by Co A? Currently i am still waiting for my pass and it is almost one month already.

Thanks for all of your help.
Yes. Each company has its own quota of foreign employees versus local employees. Company A would have fallen into this case. (Disclaimer: I only know S Pass holders fall into this restriction - not sure about EP holders)

In Company B's case, it is more about MOM trying to verify your information. I would think of these two as separate cases.

esyk

Post by esyk » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 6:39 pm

Thanks lynx, however i would like to know why my application took so long times? As my friend all took about one week for their application result and mine almost one month and i haven get any response from MOM.

Is anyone know what is the situation and any possibility that cause this?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 29 Sep 2015 10:28 pm

Technically, an EP has no specific quota but if a company has many EP's as compared to locals, they will be looked at. If MOM keeps asking for info about you, they are questioning your background and credentials. Nothing to do except let them finish their work.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 9:31 am

I suppose it's also possible MOM has concerns that Company B and Company A are not in reality completely separate, that they cooperate much more than they vigorously compete against each other, and that Company A (or the same client) is still going to enjoy some or all your services (improperly) thanks to Company B. That type of fraud has happened before, particularly in certain industries. MOM would have even greater cause for concern if Company B (or its affiliates) has/have been found guilty of immigration violations in other countries, or if Company B has a limited track record, or if Company B is substantially smaller than Company A (and thus resembles a "front" company), as examples.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 30 Sep 2015 9:42 am

Another possibility is if the position had to go to Jobs Bank (i.e. fixed monthly salary under $12,000) and Company A actually got a qualified Singaporean applicant but then cancelled the position. Then MOM is looking at a subsequent EP application from Company B with the same foreigner, also Jobs Bank, but perhaps this time the Jobs Bank listing was not spotted by the Singaporean applicant who lost the Company A job. Or Company B has rejected too many Singaporean applicants in previous Jobs Bank listings, and MOM is concerned that Company B isn't taking the Jobs Bank seriously. Or Company B has a serious racial imbalance in its workforce, even beyond industry imbalances.

There are lots of potential causes for concern. We can only speculate without more information.

Priyaamies

Post by Priyaamies » Sun, 04 Oct 2015 12:13 am

Hi

I need some insights on my current situation.

Im a DP holder since 2012, total work experience is 4 years, i have worked in sg for 1.5 years, one was a fixed term contract and the next was contract to hire, and made permanent after 3 months based on my performance.

When in contract i was drawing 4000 sgd basic, after they made me permanent, the salary was reduced to 3600 sgd +aws +performance bonus. I quit my job because i had a difficult pregnancy. Its now a year since i took the break.

I had two offers , one from a big 4 and another government company. I chose the government company because in the long run we want to settle in singapore and it could add value.

They offered me 4600 sgd with two months completion bonus for a initial 1 year contract, subject to perm or renewal based on performance.

The company wanted to apply ep. Unfortunately my ep got rejected. The HR has already appealed and she mentioned that we have given strong reasons and that I shouldn't worry about it.

When i checked the SAT, i am eligible for EP for 4650 sgd. Will MoM consider the appeal, since the HR did not revise my salary just gave them reasons as to why they need me.

The min time for appeal is 3 weeks or it could be lesser than 3 weeks too?

Question 1 - if appeal gets rejected can the employer again apply new EP with increased salary?

Question 2 - Càn the employer apply LOC instead and what would be chances of the approval?

Its a top company and great opportunity, so I need advise.

Anyone faced this type of issue?

Thanks

Priyaamies

Post by Priyaamies » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:16 pm

Update on my status.
withdrew appeal because we couldn't wait 3 weeks due to business reasons and applied loc. Got it approved in 2 days. Hope it helps someone later on.