Singapore Expats Forum

SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
Inder sidhu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 20 Oct 2016

Re: SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Postby Inder sidhu » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 12:44 am

Hello
I am an indian national married to singaporean lady last year in sep 2016
After that we applied for ltvp for me got rejected because we breached the mom rule
As i used to hold training work permit
So i was banned for 6 months after six months the ban has been lifted up and has been issued the no objection letter for our marriage
I came back to singapore in june this year since ever i have been waiting for ltvp result its been more than 3 months
Could any one tell me how much chances are there for approval
Thank you

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 7:49 am

Inder sidhu wrote:Hello
I am an indian national married to singaporean lady last year in sep 2016
After that we applied for ltvp for me got rejected because we breached the mom rule
As i used to hold training work permit
So i was banned for 6 months after six months the ban has been lifted up and has been issued the no objection letter for our marriage
I came back to singapore in june this year since ever i have been waiting for ltvp result its been more than 3 months
Could any one tell me how much chances are there for approval
Thank you
Six months is not long

What's your spouse basic salary?

User avatar
Inder sidhu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 20 Oct 2016

Re: SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Postby Inder sidhu » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 11:13 am

My wife’s monthly basic salary is $2200
And she has got more than $50000 in her cpf account
Does it make any difference?
Any chance to get it?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 11:59 am

Inder sidhu wrote:My wife’s monthly basic salary is $2200
And she has got more than $50000 in her cpf account
Does it make any difference?
Any chance to get it?


Your chance are extremely low, and i hope you knew that.

No, CPF don't matter, only current basic pay matters.

Did you marry her for CPF ? :) No offense.

If not succesful, go after the MP and file an Appeal

User avatar
Inder sidhu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 20 Oct 2016

Re: SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Postby Inder sidhu » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 1:53 pm

Obviously no i didnt marry her for cpf and that money doesnt belong to me as well thats her hard earning
But the thing is i have singapore studies
Last time when i applied they rejected in less than 20 days so this time 3 montgs already
I am just hoping for best
I saw people getting it with $2000 basic salary
Finger crossed

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 2:12 pm

Inder sidhu wrote:Obviously no i didnt marry her for cpf and that money doesnt belong to me as well thats her hard earning
But the thing is i have singapore studies
Last time when i applied they rejected in less than 20 days so this time 3 montgs already
I am just hoping for best
I saw people getting it with $2000 basic salary
Finger crossed


Yes, did I say you will NOT get it ?

I said it is extremely Low.

Others got it with 2,000 basic ? Then you know the answer :)

Continue waiting for good news.

If you studied here, what did you study ? Why can't you get a pass on your own ? That will help, wouldn't it ?

PS, I mentioned CPF because you said about CPF :D

User avatar
Inder sidhu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 20 Oct 2016

Re: SC-NR couple / LTVP process more than 6 weeks?!

Postby Inder sidhu » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 2:26 pm

I studied diploma in f&b management
Its not like i never tried to get s pass but as you know there is a quota system and to get s pass in food and beverage industry for an indian is not easy
As all the companies i been to running out of quota :(


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests