Singapore Expats

Donald Trump

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
calugaruvaxile
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Donald Trump

Post by calugaruvaxile » Fri, 27 May 2016 10:49 pm

JR8 wrote:...
from what you wrote, it seems like eu is nowadays dictating uk who should win the elections :cool:

in those days of now-forgotten sovereignty, this would be called "inference in uk's internal affairs" and it would have been a diplomatic incident.

i certainly hope this time uk manages to repeat the dunquerque evacuation and resist the upcoming attack of luftwaffe. given the eurotunnel, the operation sealion may be more dangerous these days, too. the real question is where do you guys get a winston churchill, a hugh dowding and a king george from. for now, you probably have a hobart (that's not bad either!). maybe if you force boris to drink some more, he will become churchill

the good news is that all the other big players also seem to be in worse shape than they were at the beginning of ww2.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 27 May 2016 10:49 pm

...and the supposed 'world's beacon of democracy' the USA. Where having a relative who has previously been President seems to pre-entitle you to run yourself? The sense of pre-entitled politically anointed dynasties. Even Michelle Obama had to outright deny a month or two back that she herself might run.

I still don't get this rather modern assumption that there is a familial right to accede to the political throne. It wouldn't happen in the UK.

[Pls note, this is NOT anti-American in any way, I am a fan of just about all aspects of the US; but this is one apparent contradiction I still can't grasp].
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 27 May 2016 10:53 pm

Lol w/Caligula, and yes you're right in any other context this would be 'interfering in the internal affairs of another state'. But the EU don't care about such delicacies when it comes to protecting their gilded troughs.

Actually either Cameron or BJ is related to Churchill but I forget which one. Still, ironic in it's own way which ever it is.

ps. BJ wrote a well received biography of Churchill, and per Google 'David Cameron is the 5th cousin, twice removed of Queen Elizabeth II'. I still also believe one of the two is related to Churchill as well...

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sat, 28 May 2016 6:06 pm

JR8 wrote:Where having a relative who has previously been President seems to pre-entitle you to run yourself?
It's not a new phenomenon. The 6th president, John Quincy Adams, was the son of the 2nd, John Adams. The 23rd president, Benjamin Harrison, was the grandson of the 9th, William Henry Harrison. (William Henry Harrison holds the record for the shortest presidential tenure. He died of pneumonia on his 32nd day in office.)

The United States has never had a female president, a president who is the spouse of a former president, or a president who has never previously had a government post. So either a Clinton or Trump win would be historic. However, it's always possible to identify something unique about the next president. As another example, if elected Donald Trump would probably be the first president who underwent hair transplant surgery.

calugaruvaxile
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calugaruvaxile » Tue, 31 May 2016 11:16 pm

JR8 wrote:...and the supposed 'world's beacon of democracy' the USA. Where having a relative who has previously been President seems to pre-entitle you to run yourself? The sense of pre-entitled politically anointed dynasties. Even Michelle Obama had to outright deny a month or two back that she herself might run.

I still don't get this rather modern assumption that there is a familial right to accede to the political throne. It wouldn't happen in the UK.

[Pls note, this is NOT anti-American in any way, I am a fan of just about all aspects of the US; but this is one apparent contradiction I still can't grasp].
the clintons brought money to the dem party. bush family did the same for the rep.
on the other hand, bernie represents the poor. he won't get very far.

calugaruvaxile
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calugaruvaxile » Tue, 31 May 2016 11:20 pm

BBCWatcher wrote: The United States has never had a female president, a president who is the spouse of a former president, or a president who has never previously had a government post. So either a Clinton or Trump win would be historic. However, it's always possible to identify something unique about the next president. As another example, if elected Donald Trump would probably be the first president who underwent hair transplant surgery.
the us don't need a "female", a "black", a "homosexual" or a "trizomic" president. the us need a competent president. whatever sex, religion, color etc. and not only the us. any country in the world. and not only presidents :).

regarding trump ... i remember reagan was an actor. and arnold would have been a candidate too, if he was american-born. also an actor. nihil novi sub sole.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Tue, 14 Jun 2016 2:56 am

These human babies eventually gave up. When they realize that their situations are not gonna change. Spout the same 'ole, same 'ole to the people. And they will learn to accept this paralysis as the new normal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the ... 6057a2544f

marc.favroo

Post by marc.favroo » Mon, 11 Jul 2016 6:07 am

Here is a little something to brighten the mood: http://trumpdonald.org/

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:41 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 58976.html
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” said Mr Trump, speaking at one of his golf resorts. “I think you’ll be rewarded mightily by our press.”
Whats Donald up to?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 28 Jul 2016 2:38 pm

Pointing out that everybody and his dog has Clinton's e-mails except apparently Clinton herself.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 28 Jul 2016 2:54 pm

JR8 wrote:Pointing out that everybody and his dog has Clinton's e-mails except apparently Clinton herself.
That's as maybe but inviting foreign Agents to hack into the Govt systems to prove this would seem an odd way to go about it.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 28 Jul 2016 3:41 pm

They already have. That's the point he's making [IMHO]. Wikileaks have them too. Hence, 'everyone' but Clinton herself, apparently.
The question I'd have is if this leaves Clinton vulnerable to bl...bl...bl... er, pressure by the Kremlin.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Donald Trump

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 28 Jul 2016 4:09 pm

JR8 wrote:They already have. That's the point he's making [IMHO]. Wikileaks have them too. Hence, 'everyone' but Clinton herself, apparently.
The question I'd have is if this leaves Clinton vulnerable to bl...bl...bl... er, pressure by the Kremlin.
Did Wikileaks get from Clinton's email server or other leaks?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 28 Jul 2016 4:12 pm

Probably from Trump, because like Clinton suggests he's working for Putin, right? ;)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 28 Jul 2016 9:46 pm

There is little doubt that Russian intelligence or someone working for/with them hacked the DNC records.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKCN10801S

There is also little doubt that the information was passed to Wikileaks and Julian Assange, an avowed foe of Clinton, and that Assange timed the release of the information to coincide withe the convention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/us/po ... .html?_r=0

There is also little doubt that Trump is seriously in bed with the Russians as they seem to be the only ones willing to finance his teetering, previously bankrupted business "empire".

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/tru ... ly-a-thing

Not only is Trump unqualified to be President in so many ways, more that a few senior intelligence officials are coming around to the view that Trump is running for office in exchange for the Russians keeping his coffers filled.