Singapore Expats

help needed for PR (Update: Approved)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hamza9999

help needed for PR (Update: Approved)

Post by hamza9999 » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 3:44 pm

Hi Expats,

I am living in Singapore from the past 8 years. I have applied PR 3 times but always get turned down after 4 months. Key information:

Nationality: Pakistani
Current status: EP
Income: 400k per annum
Sector: Banking
Wife: Singapore citizen
Kids: Singapore citizen ( 2 daugters )

Spouse is full time housewife and look after the kids. Very stressed as seriously cant figure out why they keep on rejecting and no reason is given. Found this forum really useful and requesting for any possible suggestions from my fellow expats in the forum. Rejection letter never really states to apply again. Only mention to continue staying on the valid pass.

I am sure some people here might have encountered the similar issue. Please advise.

Cheers,
Last edited by hamza9999 on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Re: help needed for PR

Post by menudown » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 4:24 pm

maybe due to some quota

hamza9999

Post by hamza9999 » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 4:30 pm

quota,,
Weird as it has already been down 3 times.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 4:36 pm

People would be guessing. Perhaps nationality, perhaps industry sector? Who knows?

Young, family and good earner. Sg should be welcoming people like you.

hamza9999

Post by hamza9999 » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 4:38 pm

I wish you were the ICA officer BDG, i am sure my application would be approved than!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 5:22 pm

You applied through Family Ties Scheme FTS or Professional and Technical Scheme PTS?

hamza9999

Post by hamza9999 » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 5:25 pm

First attempt: Family
Second: Professional
Third: Professional, but did attached all the necessary paper works

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 5:29 pm

Honest gut feel? It's your level of income and the industry you are in. High flyers in the banking sector are notorious for following the dollar. Once your income breaches the 250~300K/pa number, I believe that ICA figure that you will jump to another country for $50K/pa more (in cash or perks). Frankly, we've seen it happen before. Whether or not ethnicity is still playing a part we really don't know. After the 2011 GE it played a large part for a couple of years, but seemed to diminish over this past year a bit.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hamza9999

Post by hamza9999 » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 5:33 pm

Well point noted,
But for an increment of 50k for example, i dont think i will make such a decision which will allow me to jump to another country.
Seriously, it will be a whole new move, not to forget my kids and my wife all belong here.
Any serious advises

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 6:05 pm

There was an Iranian husband of Singaporean who also face this problem. I'll try to use search function and see if he did manage to successfully get approved for PR after many attempts.

I think he went for LTVP+ option because
1. He is married to Singapore for more than 3 years.
2. He has children (another plus point).

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yahaan

Re: RE: Re: help needed for PR

Post by Yahaan » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 7:29 pm

hamza9999 wrote:Well point noted,
But for an increment of 50k for example, i dont think i will make such a decision which will allow me to jump to another country.
Seriously, it will be a whole new move, not to forget my kids and my wife all belong here.
Any serious advises

I think you might have to just wait it out, may be a decade or so, to prove that you will really settle down in SG.

hamza9999

Post by hamza9999 » Fri, 18 Sep 2015 8:26 pm

Any suggestions to take note in case if i am applying again?
Lets say if change in income as i am expecting an increment of 20% by next month, will that help?
Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:28 am

It might, unless my premise is correct. As an adjunct to my previous post, you much remember one thing that's not spoken of here too much, but does in fact persist here due to the majority ethnic group. Singapore is, for all intents and purposes, a Patriarchal Society. Therefore, it's understood that normall the woman will follow the man, regardless of the nationality.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 6:39 am

I was thinking about these high flyers things. Yes, there is a logic in it but ultimately ... hmm, not sure. So if not the likelihood of such person to leave Singapore and this specific stigmatised industry, the gov. should be happy? But not granting PR to such person only increases the likelihood and granting works the opposite way. Also, what is the fraction of such people among the applicants? 0.01%? Nothing significant for sure. Further to that, what is SG going to lose (money-wise) if they leave the country with him being the PR? I can only think about CPF but this is nothing comparing to them staying in SG and spending. Sorry but it doesn't make too much sense to me. If there are no other underlying reasons I would think it is more likely, that for such high flyers, the gov wants to force them into the PR investment track (GIP) but could be some other reasons too. People with money are or can be more impactful.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 9:54 am

x9200, that is what makes what we do here so hard, but at the same time, always generates food for thought due to our own various experiences all being poured into the same melting pot on this forum. ;-)

We obviously cannot give definitive answers and the whole shooting match is based on a weird "Kentucky Windage" in trying to 2nd guess the ICA. But if nothing more, we do offer lots of variable viewpoints which our posters may or may not have given thought to. Hopefully, they get something they can chew on that may be worthwhile. I reckon we will be in some sort of disarray, while we wait for the aftermath of the current GE, and are able to pick up some nuances on the lie of the land in the near future. I hope. :-)