Singapore Expats Forum

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Postby SEQUOIA NH » Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:42 am

I'm looking for adventurous, non-smoking male or female who are interested to go camping with me at Pulau Ubin (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun) with me. Weekdays is fine too. In fact even better as fewer people.

Pulau Ubin in an island NE of Singapore accessible by ferry from Changi Village. I was there last Sunday from noon. It is a beautiful island that one can explore by renting a bicycle. I didn't get to cycle all over but what I saw is enough to make me want to go back.

The western side of the island had mountains tracks of varying levels for those who likes mountain biking. There are 2 camping sites over there. The central has both well surfaced road, and little forest pathways which are fantastic. There's a camping site on the beach to the north which is amazing and that's where I'd like to camp as we can go through a small village, and then cycle into a narrow forest. That's where I would like to explore.

The eastern part of the island, which I hadn't gone, has many interesting places to explore. I was informed by locals that there are over 1000 wild pigs and other animals. There are monkeys wherever there are fruit tress. Locals informed me that these monkeys like to steal their fruits.

A man who has lived on the island for more than 70 years said that on clear nights, one can see millions of stars in the night sky. Wow, I've only seen that once in Oregon at a friends 245 acres estate. I'd like to see it again, if possible.

Please drop me an email at Thanks.