Singapore Expats

Personal Trainer Public Liability Insurance

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Busakid

Personal Trainer Public Liability Insurance

Post by Busakid » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:43 am

Hi there,

Has anyone (particularly PT's) know anything about PL-Insurance here in Singapore that covers Personal Trainers. There doesnt seem to be any regulators here in SG like AU (Fitness Australia) that require PTs to be insured (scary). I have tried a few companies but no one seems to do it - and PTs I have talked to dont bother about it (very scary). I am qualified in Au and am about to do SG quals here for PT (just so I have local/US Quals) but uneasy about working without PL-insureance. (PS: No- AU insurers wont insure for OS)

Any info or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated (I can only find very old discussions)

cheers
EJ

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Personal Trainer Public Liability Insurance

Post by livingontheedge » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 7:38 pm

Damn my luck - I was just in the market for a PT - you up for it? I am serious - not kidding. Given the ultimatum by my GF (very likely wife to be) that get my arse off the sofa and hit the gym to burn the pounds.

Any credentials, qualitifcations, etc or website I can refer to?

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by livingontheedge » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 7:39 pm

As for the liability insurance thing - can't help, sorry.

jwlng

Post by jwlng » Tue, 20 Oct 2015 1:02 am

Hi, you may check with Raymond Lee from Equip Gym at Bukit Timah Plaza. They are a relatively new gym and from my conversation with him, he does have some form of insurance for his gym. See if he can help you in this aspect.