Singapore Expats Forum

Vice President Salary

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Rod

Vice President Salary

Postby Rod » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 7:18 pm

Hi,

I have been offered a role as Vice President of a top 10 global company. The role is in marketing for Asia- Pacific. The size business of this division is US$140million.

What base salary should i be expecting in this job? This will be on local terms.

Thanks

ET

VP Pay

Postby ET » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 7:30 pm

tough one... *gulp* Anything from S$400,000 per year? Excluding allowances and accomodation.

Postby Guest » Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:47 pm

I think firstly you need to know exactly how high you are on the org chart. A vice president might sound like a number 2 or something, but I do know of banks that have tons of VPs.

I think a friend told me at OCBC, they have like 1 VP for every 5-6 executive staff in the IT dept.

Rod

Postby Rod » Tue, 25 Jan 2005 9:22 am

Good point! Actually, there are very few VP in this organization. It is in the medical industry. $400K sounds great but that sounds a lot! It seems that it is very difficult to know.

Kind regards

UK guest

Postby UK guest » Tue, 25 Jan 2005 7:24 pm

It depends I guess. My husband used to work in an American Investment bank and he was a VP among so many others. Their team of 10 people churns out £75 million a year as compared to your company. Therefore, he was paid around S$400,000 a year.

Postby Guest » Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:34 pm

Hi,

I guess its extremely hard for anyone to really give you a good, even if a ball-park figure unless you could divulge more details.

In any case, what I would do is after given a figure, work out my sums, if I would save much, if I would live comfortably ( more comfortably then back home )... also another thing is the experience of working in SG. Although many would argue this +ve/-ve, its definitely an experience you would likely remember with joy or anger.

I'm a local SG guy, ( who also posted earlier about the # of VPs ). In any case, I wish you best of luck.