Singapore Expats

Imminent Relocation - setting up whatsapp group

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
soulsearching
Regular
Regular

Imminent Relocation - setting up whatsapp group

Post by soulsearching » Tue, 08 Sep 2015 6:27 pm

Hi all,

myself and a few others from the forum have started talking as our moving dates are near coinciding (or some have already arrived in sunny Singapore).

As we are all fellow members from UK moving nearly at / around same time, its great to share the experiences first hand. It was suggested by some member elsewhere but with each individual doing their own ground research .... being friends and knowing the same is hugely advantageous. Esp since a lot of us are leaving our comfort zones (with or without families in tow) and setting up camp uin far away lands.

For that purpose I thought we will set up a group over at whatsapp. if you would like to be included please PM me your number, with a small intro (where you from, when are you moving to sing, what area you are looking to rent / or rented already and finally the role you are taking up in the region). I will then add you to the group so we can have a community of people to know / talk to on arrival (or pre departure).

Thanks

natashacrane44

Re: RE: Imminent Relocation - setting up whatsapp group

Post by natashacrane44 » Wed, 16 Sep 2015 9:51 pm

soulsearching wrote:Hi all,

myself and a few others from the forum have started talking as our moving dates are near coinciding (or some have already arrived in sunny Singapore).

As we are all fellow members from UK moving nearly at / around same time, its great to share the experiences first hand. It was suggested by some member elsewhere but with each individual doing their own ground research .... being friends and knowing the same is hugely advantageous. Esp since a lot of us are leaving our comfort zones (with or without families in tow) and setting up camp uin far away lands.

For that purpose I thought we will set up a group over at whatsapp. if you would like to be included please PM me your number, with a small intro (where you from, when are you moving to sing, what area you are looking to rent / or rented already and finally the role you are taking up in the region). I will then add you to the group so we can have a community of people to know / talk to on arrival (or pre departure).

Thanks
Hello! I saw your note and it sounds like I'm in the same position as you! I'm also from London and arrived in SG last Friday. I am here by myself and don't really know anyone so it would be great to join your WhatsApp group. My name's Natasha, in my early 30s. My number is +65 86574936. Thank you!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

soulsearching
Regular
Regular

Re: RE: Imminent Relocation - setting up whatsapp group

Post by soulsearching » Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:32 pm

natashacrane44 wrote:Hello! I saw your note and it sounds like I'm in the same position as you! I'm also from London and arrived in SG last Friday. I am here by myself and don't really know anyone so it would be great to join your WhatsApp group. My name's Natasha, in my early 30s. My number is +65 86574936. Thank you!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Thanks Natasha .... done :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Imminent Relocation - setting up whatsapp group

Post by the lynx » Thu, 17 Sep 2015 8:59 am

Oh by the way, for safety, try to avoid revealing your phone numbers and e-mails in public domain to protect your privacy (especially if it is made known that you're a female). E-mails will be picked up by spambots and phone numbers will be picked up by, uhm, weird people.

Try to use PM. You will need five posts to unlock that feature, though.

Suggest you remove them as soon as possible once soulsearching has established connection with you.
Last edited by the lynx on Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 17 Sep 2015 9:35 am

its better to PM numbers than post them here, you don't want creepy people messaging you or whatever.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

gmo

Post by gmo » Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:19 pm

Hi,

I'm James.. I'm from New York moving to Singapore by the end of this year. Can you add me to the whatsapp group? My U.S. phone number is 203-257-0989. Thanks.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 22 Sep 2015 12:08 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:its better to PM numbers than post them here, you don't want creepy people messaging you or whatever.
gmo wrote:Hi,

I'm James.. I'm from New York moving to Singapore by the end of this year. Can you add me to the whatsapp group? My U.S. phone number is ....... Thanks.

lol
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late