Singapore Expats

JOb Change in Epass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Magudeeswaran

JOb Change in Epass

Post by Magudeeswaran » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 5:34 pm

Hi
I am in Epass. I am planning to change job. If my new employer applies Epass, is there any notifications will be sent to my current employer from MOM. I am thinking of telling my current employer after my new epass gets approved... Pls give me sugestion.

Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: JOb Change in Epass

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 5:44 pm

Magudeeswaran wrote:Hi
I am in Epass. I am planning to change job. If my new employer applies Epass, is there any notifications will be sent to my current employer from MOM. I am thinking of telling my current employer after my new epass gets approved... Pls give me sugestion.

Thanks
Your current employer will not be notified ...

... but if they have a very very kiasu HR, they may know it as soon as your new employer has submitted the application.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: JOb Change in Epass

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Sep 2015 8:53 am

This is very true. I have my HR exec check all of our S pass & EP holders on a monthly basis. This tells me who has applications pending with other companies in Singapore. While we cannot tell who is the potential employer, we at least know who is planning on leaving and if we need to shed people due to quota reductions, we know where to cut first. ;-)

Anytime you look for a new job here, remember that your employer may well be on top of it and not tell you anything but woe be it if you stuff up as the employer would have no qualms about getting rid of you as they already know you are not happy there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: JOb Change in Epass

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Sep 2015 9:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Anytime you look for a new job here, remember that your employer may well be on top of it and not tell you anything but woe be it if you stuff up as the employer would have no qualms about getting rid of you as they already know you are not happy there.
I know an employer, who immediately terminate any employee who's name pops up on MOM List, and give them 1 month + 1 month pay, on the spot and pack them off immediately back to their home town

The boss insists he is not doing anything out of vengeance, and justifies it with his 1 month + 1 month pay (the second not legally required) ..

Then the candidate finds out his competitive advantage of being in Singapore just evoporated, for any new employer

Then again, no risk, no gain -