Singapore Expats

How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
jazz0413

How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Post by jazz0413 » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 9:52 am

Hi I need some help regarding re-entry into Singapore.

I am a previous E pass holder and has since returned to Philippines after my contract ended. 6 months ago my previous employer had contacted me and offered me a job at a different jobsite and we started with the paper works. 2 weeks ago I was refused entry to Sg for visiting too frequently. I have written an appeal to ICA but no reply yet. I expect my IPA to be issued within the next week, my question is will I be able to enter Sg again? I'm aware that I will be pulled into the ICA office again for questioning. Should I wait for an outcome for my appeal before I try to re enter Sg?
I will have enough cash with me, hotel booking and return ticket as well as I want to mark sure all things are in order because I really need this job.

Thank you and any help would be appreciated.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 5:51 pm

jazz0413 wrote:Hi I need some help regarding re-entry into Singapore.

I am a previous E pass holder and has since returned to Philippines after my contract ended. 6 months ago my previous employer had contacted me and offered me a job at a different jobsite and we started with the paper works. 2 weeks ago I was refused entry to Sg for visiting too frequently. I have written an appeal to ICA but no reply yet. I expect my IPA to be issued within the next week, my question is will I be able to enter Sg again? I'm aware that I will be pulled into the ICA office again for questioning. Should I wait for an outcome for my appeal before I try to re enter Sg?
I will have enough cash with me, hotel booking and return ticket as well as I want to mark sure all things are in order because I really need this job.

A lady I presume, frequently travelling to Singapore .. no guesses why ICA did an A to A.

With the IPA if you come back, should not have problems, unless you got a ban.

How many times did you visit Singapore after your last job here ?

jazz0413

Re: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Post by jazz0413 » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 8:28 pm

Yes I am female, professional. No I didn't get a ban. I want to avoid getting a ban all in all as travel to other countries would make it potentially difficult as well. I visited Singapore several times over the last 6 months but not only to Singapore. I was also travelling to 9 other different countries during the same period. I decided to take some time off work and wanted to travel around the world - UK, US, Australia, South and Southeast Asia.

What would be my best bet? Should I wait for the ICA reply, or is the IPA good enough? And how long does ICA reply with an outcome?

Thank you again.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Sep 2015 7:19 am

jazz0413 wrote:I visited Singapore several times over the last 6 months but not only to Singapore..
How many times was several times ?

In case you are wondering what I am on, if you been here 6 times in six months, you can say whatever you like to say, but for ICA, that's a lot of red flag

They are not gonna ask you what you are doing here, being a former EP holder, and with no relations in Singapore.

That's the known story, and it happens quite often. And being an ASEAN female, you get scrutinised more closely.

jazz0413

Re: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Post by jazz0413 » Fri, 04 Sep 2015 8:11 am

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that ICA is doing their job and I do not want to enter illegally at all. And I have no intentions of overstaying but yes I have been in Sg 6 times in the last 6 months. All because I wanted to stay and catch up with friends.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 04 Sep 2015 9:36 am

jazz0413 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

I understand that ICA is doing their job and I do not want to enter illegally at all. And I have no intentions of overstaying but yes I have been in Sg 6 times in the last 6 months. All because I wanted to stay and catch up with friends.
Every month!!!

Whats to catch up on if you are never away?

Thats the thinking of the immigration folk I suspect.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Sep 2015 9:38 am

jazz0413 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

six times in 6 months, is a lot of visit for ICA to be wondering what you are doing, unless you are a rich tai tai

As you have worked here, you should have atleast known that ICA would have stopped you at one time or other, as a single female visiting Singapore often - with no family ties here.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Sep 2015 9:58 am

Barnsley wrote: Every month!!!

Whats to catch up on if you are never away?

Thats the thinking of the immigration folk I suspect.
if she came with a handful of hi-so / Tattler invites, and tai tai gatherings, may have made ICA think twice !!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 08 Sep 2015 1:31 pm

Wait until you get the IPA. Then check again with ICA. Because MOM and ICA are two different authority bodies.

jazz0413

Post by jazz0413 » Wed, 23 Sep 2015 4:27 pm

Thank you everyone for your input and for your advice. I have successfully re-entered Singapore one week ago with my IPA and now have my E pass again. I did finally receive a reply from ICA regarding my appeal but it was what I expected, that even with the IPA it is still up to the ICA officers at the checkpoint whether I can enter Singapore or not.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 23 Sep 2015 9:11 pm

jazz0413 wrote:Thank you everyone for your input and for your advice. I have successfully re-entered Singapore one week ago with my IPA and now have my E pass again. I did finally receive a reply from ICA regarding my appeal but it was what I expected, that even with the IPA it is still up to the ICA officers at the checkpoint whether I can enter Singapore or not.
Congratulations !

svnebh

Re: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for ...

Post by svnebh » Thu, 24 Sep 2015 10:53 pm

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for ...

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:07 pm

svnebh wrote:
is there a question inside your post ?? :cry:

Feisty

Post by Feisty » Thu, 12 Nov 2015 1:18 pm

ecureilx wrote:
svnebh wrote:
is there a question inside your post ?? :cry:
Hi! I need an advice on how can I gain entry to Sg again after being denied last April 2015, planning to be on Chinese New Year to visit my BF and sister. I was denied entry because they have found out that I have a rejected E pass and extension of stay, and they didn't gave me any copy of my deportation and when my sister asked the ICA why I was denied, they just have told her that I don't have hotel bookings and have no sufficient funds. But this time I'm not trying my luck to seek for a job coz I'm currently employed again here in Phils.. Now, does 9 months after the incident enough to gain an entry pass again? Thanks

JuanDC

Post by JuanDC » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:59 pm

HI jazz0413! May I know if your EPass application was successful at first attempt eventhough you were initially refused entry in Singapore? Thanks!