Singapore Expats

German wife's LTVP/LTVP+ chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
x9200

Re: German wife's LTVP/LTVP+ chances

Post by x9200 » Sun, 24 Apr 2016 10:48 am

Beinsingapur wrote:We got married while he was still employed, then he lost the job about a month after the marriage unfortunately.

He has not been lucky with employment in Singapore though. He has moved around 4 different companies in 4 years, sometimes being laid off sometimes with better offer. Hasn't been easy for him due to the cultural differences. Longest he's been with a company was 1 year plus. With this last one was almost a year. Not sure if this is a strong indication of something negative as you put it. But then again, I have moved around jobs about that often as well ;)
You know, it may be seen a bit this way that you decided to get married expecting problems with his employment, but I would think, for the LTVP, you still should get it. For LTVP+ or even LoC, not sure.
Being a job hopper, I would expect to have a lesser impact on the LTVP application, but it may have some on EP, if he still plans to go this route.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sun, 24 Apr 2016 3:06 pm

And what else can you do, really? After applying for the LTVP, you're in Category B in this list:

A. Have you got a problem? (No.) Then don't worry.
B. Have you got a problem? (Yes.) Can you do something about it? (No.) Then don't worry.
C. Have you got a problem? (Yes.) Can you do something about it? (Yes.) Then don't worry.

:mrgreen:

If the LTVP decision is favorable, then you switch to Category A. If the situation is unfavorable, then you switch to Category C -- for example, move together to any of the 31 countries in the European Union and European Economic Area. On the next plane if you wish, marriage certificate and passports in hand. It's that quick and simple, fortunately.

wiseguy1

Post by wiseguy1 » Sat, 02 Jul 2016 2:41 pm

you have good chances of obtaining PR for your wife, you can count on it..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Jul 2016 12:47 am

wiseguy1 wrote:you have good chances of obtaining PR for your wife, you can count on it..
Based on what, exactly?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beagene

Post by beagene » Sat, 13 Aug 2016 3:52 am

Hi guys!

Wanted to update you on the process of my wife's PR application. Got a letter today to say that PR has been approved! From date of application to today would be slightly less than 4 months. She is estatic to say the least. Arrived here in November 2015 and PR approved in August 2016.

Thank you all for your help with information from the ltvp to pr stage! :)

P.s. My current income is more than 100k per annum, and she is currently working, not sure if that contributed to anything.

Cheers!