Singapore Expats

German wife's LTVP/LTVP+ chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: German wife's LTVP/LTVP+ chances

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 13 Mar 2016 9:30 pm

beagene wrote:. We have made an appointment for application of PR just 2 weeks ago and the earliest appointment is in December!
You may find slots opening up, if you check once a week, due to others dropping off or having advanced or other reasons.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Re: German wife's LTVP/LTVP+ chances

Post by BBCWatcher » Sun, 13 Mar 2016 9:36 pm

Monitor ICA's Web site. It's fairly common for earlier appointments to open up.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 13 Mar 2016 9:58 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:Monitor ICA's Web site. It's fairly common for earlier appointments to open up.
Didn't I just say that ? Image

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Mar 2016 10:13 pm

Probably typing while you were and just hit post later. only 6 minutes difference in time stamp.

beagene, be advised you can only change your appointment once. So if you are too kiasu and grab the next slot that opens and it still 6 months away, you cannot change it again the following day to one that opens up in 3 weeks.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 14 Mar 2016 7:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably typing while you were and just hit post later. only 6 minutes difference in time stamp.
:D
beagene, be advised you can only change your appointment once. So if you are too kiasu and grab the next slot that opens and it still 6 months away, you cannot change it again the following day to one that opens up in 3 weeks.
I thought two changes were allowed. Has it been trimmed to just one ? :(

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Mar 2016 8:19 am

Dunno? Maybe it is two. I've have to search back through the archives, but somehow one stuck in my mind. If it's two, better for them to learn to assimilate by learning how to better be kiasu, yeah? :-D

edited.....
Okay, remembered Sergei82 application a two years ago so dredged that thread up, and yeah, he did change a 2nd time and was notified that it was the last change possible. I stand corrected.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 14 Mar 2016 9:52 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:edited.....
Okay, remembered Sergei82 application a two years ago so dredged that thread up, and yeah, he did change a 2nd time and was notified that it was the last change possible. I stand corrected.
Yep, I guess the 2 change rule still applies.

And Unlike before, you need to login before seeing the appointments.

beagene

Post by beagene » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 5:51 pm

great information!

will take note to monitor the calendar for sooner availability. Just another nugget of information, my wife's colleague is a male German who married a Singaporean wife. He was in Singapore for only 4 months he applied for PR and within the next 5 months received it! Wife is not working but they have a young toddler. Completely skipped the LTVP stage. I guess there is no hard and fast rule on who is more likely to get I guess.

Cheers!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 6:01 pm

It's happened before, but not often. One of our old regulars, Saint, did it the same way and had to fly to Singapore in order to have it issued, but he already had the IPA in hand. His wife was also Singaporean. There is a lot more that goes into it besides a little bit of luck. Went you see guys working in the financial district get bounced from PR apps with approaching 400K salaries, you cannot assume anything.

beagene

Post by beagene » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 6:11 pm

holy mother of...

I managed to secure a slot in less than a month's time thanks to the advice here.

awesome! :)

Beinsingapur

Post by Beinsingapur » Sat, 23 Apr 2016 11:23 pm

Hi,

Saw this post and I am currently in a similar situation, so decided to ask here.

I am a Singaporean citizen and recently got married here with my husband who is Spanish. He has been here for more than 3 years, working on EP. But recently his company closed down and so he's looking for a job.

We applied for LTVP for him so that he can stay here longer, but not sure what are the chances of him getting? As his local sponsor, I am 26 year old SC employed in a MNC earning close to 5k a month. Local uni grad with honours. He has a masters degree and been working in Singapore 3 years.

I am a little concerned about the chances of getting the LTVP, so any input would be helpful thanks!

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Sun, 24 Apr 2016 9:06 am

Did you and he get a Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment? If so, what was the result?

Beinsingapur

Post by Beinsingapur » Sun, 24 Apr 2016 9:09 am

No we did not, we just applied after we got married.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 24 Apr 2016 9:12 am

Beinsingapur wrote:Hi,

Saw this post and I am currently in a similar situation, so decided to ask here.

I am a Singaporean citizen and recently got married here with my husband who is Spanish. He has been here for more than 3 years, working on EP. But recently his company closed down and so he's looking for a job.

We applied for LTVP for him so that he can stay here longer, but not sure what are the chances of him getting? As his local sponsor, I am 26 year old SC employed in a MNC earning close to 5k a month. Local uni grad with honours. He has a masters degree and been working in Singapore 3 years.

I am a little concerned about the chances of getting the LTVP, so any input would be helpful thanks!
I would expect his chances to be reasonably high unless ICA gets some strong indications that this may be a marriage of convenience.

Have you got married after he lost a job or was already within the notice period?

Beinsingapur

Post by Beinsingapur » Sun, 24 Apr 2016 9:24 am

We got married while he was still employed, then he lost the job about a month after the marriage unfortunately.

He has not been lucky with employment in Singapore though. He has moved around 4 different companies in 4 years, sometimes being laid off sometimes with better offer. Hasn't been easy for him due to the cultural differences. Longest he's been with a company was 1 year plus. With this last one was almost a year. Not sure if this is a strong indication of something negative as you put it. But then again, I have moved around jobs about that often as well ;)