Singapore Expats Forum

WORK Permit

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lav^panda

WORK Permit

Postby lav^panda » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 12:06 am

hi guys,

Need your help here! One of my friend is holding WP and she is already tender her resignation letter in a proper way which is served notice for 1 month. But when comes to her last day of work, her employer refused to cancel her WP pass and insist her to cont' work with them. :mad:

My friend already get everything prepared and need to go back her country but due to her employer refused to cancel her WP pass, now she is still holding WP pass .

During her absent ( her employer rather called it as long holiday),the employer still will pay for the levy fee and hope that she will come back like 2 or 3 months later.

She is planing back to singapore in future for a new job.Need your advise on this, how exactly my friend can cancel her WP without being blacklist or slander by her employer? Can she report to MOM regards this? will it affect her next job? Many thanks!

Regards,
Lav

Strong Eagle

Re: WORK Permit

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 12:53 am

How long was she working for her employer before she tendered her resignation?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: WORK Permit

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 7:23 am

lav^panda wrote:Regards,
Lav

What's her work exactly ?

lav^panda

Postby lav^panda » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:21 am

Clerk cum accounts, basically is bao ga liao (all in 1)

lav^panda

Postby lav^panda » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:22 am

Strong Eagle wrote:How long was she working for her employer before she tendered her resignation?

3 yrs plus

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:29 am

lav^panda wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:How long was she working for her employer before she tendered her resignation?

3 yrs plus

Thank you. We now know that she is not a job hopper, barely employed before leaving. This makes a difference.

menudown
Chatter
Chatter

Postby menudown » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:58 am

she can return her work pass to MOM personally before leaving...unless she is in a hurry to get a job replacement.

I dont think any blacklist or slander will take any affect unless its something serious or breach of contract..

lav^panda

Postby lav^panda » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 12:26 pm

menudown wrote:she can return her work pass to MOM personally before leaving...unless she is in a hurry to get a job replacement.

I dont think any blacklist or slander will take any affect unless its something serious or breach of contract..

I just called up to MOM to clarify and they told me can't pass back the wp card like that, unless is after the employer has cancel it.
Because now the situation is my friend still holding the WP back to her country, and she is afraid her employer will accused her MIA, in fact, my friend is already tender her resignation in proper way.

lav^panda

Postby lav^panda » Wed, 02 Sep 2015 12:34 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
lav^panda wrote:

3 yrs plus

Thank you. We now know that she is not a job hopper, barely employed before leaving. This makes a difference.

Ya, she is not... from what i know,she's been with the company for 3 yrs plus and now she need to go back her country for personal reason. But what have the employer done to her quite upset her too.

salman5

Postby salman5 » Sat, 05 Sep 2015 8:04 pm

Why she tendered her resignation ????

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 08 Sep 2015 11:55 am

lav^panda wrote:
menudown wrote:she can return her work pass to MOM personally before leaving...unless she is in a hurry to get a job replacement.

I just called up to MOM to clarify and they told me can't pass back the wp card like that, unless is after the employer has cancel it.
Because now the situation is my friend still holding the WP back to her country, and she is afraid her employer will accused her MIA, in fact, my friend is already tender her resignation in proper way.

Have you told the MOM the full story of the blackmail etc? With e-mail records etc?