Singapore Expats

Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sree7

Re: Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Post by sree7 » Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:39 pm

BBCWatcher wrote:Short answer: probably not.

Did MoM provide any explanation for their rejection of your Employment Pass? If so, what was their explanation?

If you failed to disclose the past entry problem if/when asked then that's ordinarily fatal, and for years probably. Immigration authorities around the world really don't like false statements or material omissions of fact. I hope you didn't do that.
Yes they gave explanation that this candidate have adverse record with mom.So look for another candidate. That is it..and No false statements at all.I studied for 2 years and worked for 1 year everything is fine.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Feb 2016 7:04 am

Yep, sounds like one of the "professional students" that they cracked down on.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:27 pm

sree7 wrote: Yes they gave explanation that this candidate have adverse record with mom.So look for another candidate. That is it..and No false statements at all.I studied for 2 years and worked for 1 year everything is fine.
Conveniently or otherwise you ignored my post asking which school it was ....

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Visitor Visa Request Rejected - Appeal Stauts & Next Steps - Suggestions

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yep, sounds like one of the "professional students" that they cracked down on.
That's my gut feeling too ...

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Fri, 12 Feb 2016 9:13 am

Maybe not just one school. :(

For better or worse MoM is going to view you in light of the school(s) you attended (or supposedly attended, as applicable) and MoM's experiences with those schools. If there has been a lot of immigration-related fraud associated with that school (or "school") then you can get ensnared even if you're the only honest student/trainee.

It's also possible MoM has concerns that you had two separate stints in Singapore. MoM simply might not want to give you a third ticket after granting two previously. It could look like the "professional student" pattern that SMS mentioned, especially if you were in a third country doing much the same thing.

You can ask MoM for more information, including how long you'll need to wait before they will consider another application. MoM has no obligation to answer, but you can try.