Singapore Expats

Higher Learning Seeking Employment in Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
mannchawla

Higher Learning Seeking Employment in Singapore

Post by mannchawla » Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:45 am

Hi, I graduated in 2013 from a university in Singapore that is a part of Higher Learning Seeking Employment in Singapore. Since then I am working in Singapore and am on employment pass.

If I cancel my EP now, can I now apply for long term visit pass under Higher Learning Seeking Employment in Singapore?

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Higher Learning Seeking Employment in Singapore

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:56 am

I doubt it seriously. It would seem to indicate, on the ICA website that in order to apply for the VISA you would to need to have applied while still on your Student Visa or on the SVP you would have received upon cancellation of the Student Visa. The fact that you have already been working for over 1 year on an EP should negate the ability to get that visa as you have already found employment after graduation.

But, if money is no object, go ahead a apply. Who knows, you might get it. One thing is for sure, if you apply you have "some" chance, albeit maybe small, but if you don't than you have zero chance. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers