Singapore Expats

Forever Pending PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
carlsonkk

Forever Pending PR Application

Post by carlsonkk » Sun, 16 Aug 2015 11:55 am

Dear all, i have been waiting for my pr application since last yeat Oct . All my other friends who applied later than me had received their result just within 2-4 months. (With same criteria,same nationality,same company and etc). Should i continue waiting ?as i really wanna quit my job now. What if it got approved after i tender my resignation?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Forever Pending PR Application

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 Aug 2015 3:20 pm

No patience, no PR. Are you the same person as the others? Do you all have the same parents, etc. Same schooling? Same marks? PR can take up to 24 months now. Cannot wait? Tender resignation. Somebody with more patience will take your place. No Problem.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carlsonkk

Re: RE: Re: Forever Pending PR Application

Post by carlsonkk » Sun, 16 Aug 2015 3:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No patience, no PR. Are you the same person as the others? Do you all have the same parents, etc. Same schooling? Same marks? PR can take up to 24 months now. Cannot wait? Tender resignation. Somebody with more patience will take your place. No Problem.
Thanks for the advice. No other choice, I will have to wait for it. Like my friend says, the longer i wait the higher chance i get. But 24 mths is bit long for me...haha.i shall wait for another few more months.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 Aug 2015 7:39 pm

The longer you wait does not mean better chance either. we have some who have posted here who waited 18+ months and were then rejected as well. Length of time does NOT indicate chance of success or failure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carlsonkk

Post by carlsonkk » Sun, 16 Aug 2015 7:51 pm

Ya. I know about that .that 's y i said higher chance only as till the end i may get rejected also.haha.Since i have been waiting till now, i think i shall just keep on waiting while keeping my finger crossed..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 17 Aug 2015 4:24 pm

If you're very highly employable and you utterly hate your job, just quit. Once you get a new EP/S Pass/WP for your new job, just update ICA.