Singapore Expats

Where to live - active lifestyle

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Where to live - active lifestyle

Post by bgd » Fri, 14 Aug 2015 11:03 am

no-one wrote:thanks everyone!!!
I think East Coast is the main contender, with Keppel Bay second and maybe Tiong Bahru.
The hunt for an appartment/shophouse is on soon!
I feel the general opinion here is to not work with agents? Is that because taking care of it yourself is just as easy? Or do you get better deals?

Thanks!
I started in Tiong Bahru but spent most of my time cycling to the East Coast. Moved to the East Coast and never left.

Search By

no-one

Post by no-one » Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:35 pm

That's good news zzm9980.
One more question... we are also considering the renovated shophouses around Joo Chiat.
Any Con's on shophouses? They look rather big and have a nice vibe. Cost more off course but may be worth extra as I want to set up one room as an "office/work studio".

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 14 Aug 2015 1:46 pm

Hah, very close to where I stay. There are shophouses on the same street as me.

I really love them from a cool hip/trendy/quirky point of view as a place to live. However they tend to be either old and run down, or recently renovated and very very expensive (out of your budget). It will be hard to find something at the upper end of that range that has been renovated. They'll all be very expensive to keep cool and don't usually have good ventilation either. That said, it isn't impossible. I saw a few advertised on Crane Rd just west of Joo Chiat a few months back in the high 3s, but they were completely unfurnished and had no partioning of any kind installed. You're also a bit farther from East Coast area (the beach) but still well within range of all of the great food and bars, and also closer to MRT.