Singapore Expats

Chance to get LTPV+ for my fiancee

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
freedominland

Chance to get LTPV+ for my fiancee

Post by freedominland » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 1:24 pm

Would to ask if someone has similar case as me. I'm new sg citizen, origin country Malaysia. Age 32. Hv master from NUS, senior engineer, pay 5k, just changed job for a month, thinking when is the suitable time to apply LPTV+ for my fiancee who is French, age 33. He has degree in import export and another degree in kind business management, law, supply chain. The main thing is he still unable to get job in France due to bad economic there and sg company stop to contact him once they know he don't have PR or LPTV+ which allow him to work without pass due to quota in their company.

In the first thought is to let him to get some jobs in France/sg in order to show good record in work but don't know how long to wait when he ll able to get hired.

And I also just get job in 5k, thinking if apply for him after few more months so that my cpf show has stable condition record with current pay. But don't know how high the chance to get approved?

Thanks for reviewing and advise. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freedominland

Re: Chance to get LTPV+ for my fiancee

Post by freedominland » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 2:54 pm

It Is pre-marriage LTPV+ which started in this Year Jan.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Chance to get LTPV+ for my fiancee

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 4:06 pm

Singapore gives you a pink IC to increase the Chinese population hoping you will find a Chinese partner ... but you decided on a European ? :o:o pun intended. ..

Jokes aside, recently the govt said 5k is minimum for DP/LTVP, for EP holders. ..though there is no proof, past experience says that number indirectly applies as a minimum for SCs applying long term pass for spouse and such. And higher the basic pay over that number , greater the approval chances.

I haven't heard of a pass for fiancee, will look it up later.

In regular cases, unless both parties are European /US passport, getting long term without marriage was next to impossible. Since living together is not "acceptable" for society .. in SG...

freedominland

Post by freedominland » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 4:21 pm

It is Pre-marriage LTVP+ assessment, will get letter of LTVP+ eligibility (LLE) if approved which will shorten the processing time for getting LTPV+ after we re getting married. It is like in-principal approval letter. Government aware of the increasing in foreign couple and implement this new rule which really help a lot. My pay just meet the minimum requirement. No choice, my next increment won't be in short time. Hopefully my fiancee would able to get job, time pass and we're getting old. How to get baby in age 35? lol

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 4:43 pm

freedominland wrote:It is Pre-marriage LTVP+ assessment, will get letter of LTVP+ eligibility (LLE) if approved which will shorten the processing time for getting LTPV+ after we re getting married. It is like in-principal approval letter. Government aware of the increasing in foreign couple and implement this new rule which really help a lot. My pay just meet the minimum requirement. No choice, my next increment won't be in short time. Hopefully my fiancee would able to get job, time pass and we're getting old. How to get baby in age 35? lol

There was a thread about the eligibility thing.

Do look it up .. to understand more.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 5:02 pm

Getting baby at 35 easy. We started our family after we got married @ 36 & 37. 1st baby @ 38, 2nd at 43. Both grown up now (25 & 30 and will have first G-child in Nov!) She is SG, Me, Yank. No problem.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

freedominland

Post by freedominland » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 5:11 pm

Had seen many friends around hv difficulty in pregnancy. Feel it might be something to do with the Stressful life nowadays in sg.

freedominland

Post by freedominland » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 5:15 pm

Congratulations for becoming G-father soon!! Sundaymorningstaple.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jul 2015 6:54 pm

I'll be 68 when that happens, 'bout time! LOL Thanks.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:22 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'll be 68 when that happens, 'bout time! LOL Thanks.
Congratulations gramps

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Jul 2015 6:53 am

:mrgreen: