Singapore Expats

Am I missing something with property rental sites?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Benji1975

Re: Am I missing something with property rental sites?

Post by Benji1975 » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 5:52 pm

Cheers for that PH, am up for houses within condo development am can get best of both worlds sometimes. I'll have a look at those developments.
For those in the know...for example, this one shown in Nestia...what's actually the 'deal' with it? It's described as fully furnished but assume there is no 'standard' for this. I can't find one I saw the other week that looked like a complete move in and everything done i.e blank photo frames setup...almost like a show home. This below though, someone is living there so I guess I contact agent and find out exactly what 'furnished' means? Depending on cost, the idea of moving in and all the telly and internet and hifi, beds etc all set out sounds quite appealing.
Guess I have to contact the agent and try and establish precisely what 'furnished' means?

Ben

http://www.nestia.com/properties/detail ... e_id=12258

Search By

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Am I missing something with property rental sites?

Post by the lynx » Fri, 31 Jul 2015 3:53 pm

By the way, one reason why some ads have only one or two photos (with an attractive rent) is because there is no such unit available to start with. When you call, showing interest, the agent would say, "Oh I'm sorry but the unit has been taken, let me show you another (more expensive) one that would suit your needs."

And then his/her agent friend would be waiting at that landlord agent's unit and suddenly, that person becomes your agent and you have to pay his fee as tenant agent.

Bait and switch.