Singapore Expats Forum

how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
selvin.don
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 18 Jul 2015

how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Postby selvin.don » Sat, 18 Jul 2015 2:00 pm

I have a foreigner relative who has worked in singapore .earlier some one and half year back ,he was convicted in singapore court and fined.
After conviction he continued working in singapore for 8 months and left to malaysia for another job.now he wants to come back to singapore on employment pass.
how can he check if he was registered as a criminal in singapore or not?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 18 Jul 2015 2:54 pm

selvin.don wrote:I have a foreigner relative who has worked in singapore .earlier some one and half year back ,he was convicted in singapore court and fined.
After conviction he continued working in singapore for 8 months and left to malaysia for another job.now he wants to come back to singapore on employment pass.
how can he check if he was registered as a criminal in singapore or not?


He can try for a security clearance at police but not sure if they will include past cases.

Even if police gives a clean bill of health, still, failing to declare past conviction while applying for pass will ensure the person gets charged for lying ...




P.S. what's with so many law breakers in Singapore suddenly ? :o:o

selvin.don
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 18 Jul 2015

Re: RE: how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Postby selvin.don » Sat, 18 Jul 2015 5:20 pm

ecureilx wrote:He can try for a security clearance at police but not sure if they will include past cases.

Even if police gives a clean bill of health, still, failing to declare past conviction while applying for pass will ensure the person gets charged for lying ...




P.S. what's with so many law breakers in Singapore suddenly ? :o:o


how can he check for security clearance at police ?As he is a foreigner ,is there a way to check online?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: RE: how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 18 Jul 2015 8:26 pm

selvin.don wrote:how can he check for security clearance at police ?As he is a foreigner ,is there a way to check online?


You can search this forum on the steps, but I recall a trip to cantonment is in order, no online request.

SPF has a disclaimer that they have no obligation to provide one, and if they say NO, NO it is ..

And I doubt they will accept the request from anybody other than personally requested by the person who needs it

komatineni
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri, 05 Dec 2014

Re: how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Postby komatineni » Sat, 18 Jul 2015 9:23 pm

+1 ecureilx.
Personal trip to cantonment..
http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

selvin.don
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 18 Jul 2015

Re: how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Postby selvin.don » Sat, 18 Jul 2015 10:47 pm

[url][/url]
komatineni wrote:+1 ecureilx.
Personal trip to cantonment..
http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm


we tried via this link http://www.police.gov.sg/epc/spentenquiry_info.html
with his emoloyment pass NRIC which is due to expire. and it showed below message

NRIC/FIN : xxxxxxxxx

With effect from 17 October 2005, the Registration of Criminals Act allows the record of a minor conviction kept in the Register of Criminals to be rendered spent if the person has met the specified criteria.

This amendment however does not apply to you as you may either do not have any criminal record or your criminal record is not eligible to be marked as rendered spent.

This notice is valid as of 18 Jul 2015 .

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: how can a foreigner check if he has criminal record in singapore?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 18 Jul 2015 10:59 pm

selvin.don wrote:...


But that doesn't mean you don't have to declare in the pass application.

Singapore has long memory when it comes to crimes and nothing is forgotten

Upto you anyway


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest