Singapore Expats

Moving boxes

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
jahm03

Moving boxes

Post by jahm03 » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 5:25 pm

We're moving house and need some boxes. Does anyone know of any good places I can buy affordable ones? I don't need a lot since we don't have too much stuff here yet. I only need a couple of large boxes or maybe a few medium sized ones. :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Moving boxes

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 6:42 pm

jahm03 wrote:We're moving house and need some boxes. Does anyone know of any good places I can buy affordable ones? I don't need a lot since we don't have too much stuff here yet. I only need a couple of large boxes or maybe a few medium sized ones. :D
There's a shop selling boxes in plaza hotel shopping center , if you want new ones

Or go native and ask nicely at the nearest NTUC / Cold storage

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: Moving boxes

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 6:47 pm

go the street behind mustafa center, theres a huge shipping container full of them waiting to be thrown away at any one time, just dive into it.
staff keep bringing new ones out there if you ask them they give it to you for free. and yes NTUC/cold storage go to the loading area of these supermarkets and pick what you want.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 7:33 pm

Keep passing by the local supermarket every night two weeks leading to your move. Get as much as you can carry and then you'll have more cardboard than you can make cardboard furniture with.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Jul 2015 8:57 pm

But keep a good lookout for the Cardboard Uncle or Auntie as you will be encroaching on their territory, much like the Curry Puff wars.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 6:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:But keep a good lookout for the Cardboard Uncle or Auntie as you will be encroaching on their territory, much like the Curry Puff wars.
How did you find out about the road map to the Grand Theft Auto: Singapore franchise?!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 16 Jul 2015 8:03 am

jahm03 wrote:We're moving house and need some boxes. Does anyone know of any good places I can buy affordable ones? I don't need a lot since we don't have too much stuff here yet. I only need a couple of large boxes or maybe a few medium sized ones. :D
I bought some on-line. I don't remember the place (it was few years ago) but I believe if you keep googling you should find some reasonable sites.
For example, this one appears ok (except delivery charges):
"http://everlitpackaging.com/regular-box ... -p-128.php"