I've done a bit of googling and searching through this forum but still unclear on the visa rules for my situation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
I'm an Australian citizen currently residing in Australia and would like to relocate to Singapore to work. I don't have a job so would like to enter Singapore on a tourist visa, network and apply for jobs once I arrive. And ideally want to give myself ~6 months to find work.
My understanding of the visa process:
It sounds like the visa process for me would be to obtain a Visit Pass upon entry. Valid for up to 14/30/90 days? (Different websites tell me different things...?)
After being granted the initial Visit pass it seems I have two options:
1) If I leave and re-enter within that the duration of the Visit Pass, I'll be granted another Visit Pass. Supposedly this can be done multiple times? Is there a limit or is it at the discretion of the immigration officer?
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic ... apore.html
2) Alternatively, I can apply for an extension for up to 89 days. But then to stay further than this would need to leave the country for more than 5 days before re-entering.
So my questions are:
1) Where can I look up this stuff? All of the official Singaporean websites are NOT clear at all...
2) Does everything above sound correct?
3) How long is the Visit Pass valid for? Is there a limit to the number of times it will be granted?
4) Will there be any issues if I state I'm entering the country to look for work?