Singapore Expats

Job as dentist

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
adarshmalh

Re: Job as dentist

Post by adarshmalh » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:50 am

My email id [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Job as dentist

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:59 pm

adarshmalh wrote:. Do anyone help me in getting Employment offer letter from any Dentist stating that He can give me job if I clear qualifying exam of SDC, this way he is not bound to provide me job also. It's just a formality of SDC.
Are you serious ?

Why does SDC ask for an offer of employment if it's Just a formality ?

In Singapore nothing is by accident. Especially SDC or SMC rules and requirements.

It would be a shame if anybody from SDC reads this.

adarshmalh

Post by adarshmalh » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:02 am

I had asked for help & not comments on my post

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:24 am

That's too bad, isn't it. This is, after all a free, open, non-membership forum so all are able to post on a thread. As the locals here would say....If you don't like it, suck thumb. Comments are part and parcel to these types of forums. Such is life.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 4:52 am

adarshmalh wrote:To appear for qualifying exam for registration as Dentist, Singapore Dental Council ask for an employment offer letter from any registered Dentist of SG. I hold basic BDS degree from Indian University & I want to appear for qualifying exam, I fulfil all other criteria except employment offer letter. Do anyone help me in getting Employment offer letter from any Dentist stating that He can give me job if I clear qualifying exam of SDC, this way he is not bound to provide me job also. It's just a formality of SDC.

These are my COMMENTS. Read and learn.

First, the dentist IS bound to provide you a job... the requirements specifically state:
offer of employment (compulsory)
It is not a "formality of SDC" as you have stated. No dentist is going to make a fake offer of employment to you just so that you can take a test. They will take action against the dentist if the offer of employment is rescinded.

Edited to add: There is a reason for this requirement. The SDC assumes that if a Singapore dentist were to interview you and find you a suitable candidate, you might have the necessary experience and education to do the job and pass the exam. It is the first step in being vetted.

Next, you do not "fulfil (sic) all other criteria".

You do not have a qualifying degree. You cannot work in Singapore. You cannot take the exam. Consider the phrase that says:
The Council may require a foreign-trained person with a diploma/degree, other than a diploma specified in the Schedule, to undergo and pass an examination conducted or arranged by the Council or by such other person as the Council may appoint.
You may think this means that you can have any kind of a degree from anywhere and take the exam but I doubt very much that is the case. Here is why. The requirements to take the exam include:
(ii) Singaporean/PR, married to Singaporean/PR and children of PR's, or

(iii) possess a basic qualification that is comparable to the local diploma or those on the Schedule.
But you see, because your degree is not on the list of permissible degrees (http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... 012013.pdf), they have already determined it is not comparable, else it would be on the schedule.

What that definition actually means, is that if you have a degree from a recognized institution but it is not the one specified in the schedule, then you can sit for the exam to see if your knowledge is broad enough.

I just cannot see the SDC or Singapore government in general rejecting your institution and degree, then giving you a back door to get in. Prove me wrong.

No dentist is going to make you an offer of employment because they have read the Singapore Dental Council website and know they cannot hire you because you do not have an acceptable degree.

I suggest that before you going searching for employment, you confirm with SDC that you can actually sit for the exam with the degree you have. You haven't done that yet, have you? You are assuming that you can take the test with your degree, aren't you?

Were you to get written confirmation from SDC that you were educationally qualified to take the exam, then maybe dentists would consider offering you employment.

adarshmalh

Post by adarshmalh » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 9:21 am

You please don't apply ur mind whether I possess qualifying degree.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 9:28 am

adarshmalh wrote:You please don't apply ur mind whether I possess qualifying degree.

Keep digging your hole deeper and deeper. Live in your fantasy world. You want to bet that you will get to take the exam? I'll bet you $100 at 3 to 1 odds that you do not get to take the exam. You make $300 if I am wrong.

How about it? You seem to know everything.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 9:50 am

adarshmalh wrote:[..]I can marry only after getting a suitable job.
Why?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 9:57 am

I can see where this is going.
adarshmalh wrote:I had passed MDS Paedodontics from an Indian University. I want to marry a person having EP working at Singapore. I want a job at Singapore. I can marry only after getting a suitable job. I'm an Indian. Anybody help me in getting job. I'm 26yrs girl.
adarshmalh wrote:Further I want to know that person I am going to get married earns 6500 Sg dollars per month, will that much earnings are sufficient for leading life at Sg
adarshmalh wrote:Pl reply to my original query, that I had passed MDS Paedodontics from India. Can anyone help me getting job at Singapore or procedure of getting job
adarshmalh wrote:To appear for qualifying exam for registration as Dentist, Singapore Dental Council ask for an employment offer letter from any registered Dentist of SG. I hold basic BDS degree from Indian University & I want to appear for qualifying exam, I fulfil all other criteria except employment offer letter. Do anyone help me in getting Employment offer letter from any Dentist stating that He can give me job if I clear qualifying exam of SDC, this way he is not bound to provide me job also. It's just a formality of SDC.
adarshmalh wrote:I had asked for help & not comments on my post
adarshmalh wrote:You please don't apply ur mind whether I possess qualifying degree.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:47 am

Lovely

I am tempted to copy your words to SDC, but since you seem to know it all, please write to SDC about a fake offer letter

Especially of late SDC and SMC have tightened the extremely tight document verification process, good luck getting caught lying. And lying as a doctor ? May the Good God of MOM have mercy on you.

asj

Post by asj » Sun, 27 Dec 2015 5:51 pm

hi,iam a prosthodontist from india, I enquired with the SDC a couple of days ago and this is the response i got. The clinic which gives u an offer letter IS NOT OBLIGED TO GIVE U A JOB, AS IT IS ONLY A FORMALITY TO SIT FOR THE QUALIFYING EXAMS!( These were the exact words) and yes v are eligible for sitting for qualifying exams! Iam here in SG since few months and i do agree with the others that qualifying as a dentist here is not easy, plus u can only work as a general dentist even if you happen to clear ur exams as they donot recognize our MDS! getting an assistants job is not easy too as they prefer only singaporeans or PRs! sorry to disappoint you, but this is the harsh truth and a good life in SG with 6500 sgd! well, u simply cannot! A good condo will cost u more than 3500, average one about 2500! food,transport, utilities may cost u about 1000sgd! if a baby comes along, day care/helper wil cost about 1000 to 2000 or more that is if u r extremely stringent wt ur expenditure! dont bother to cum here if ur partner is only earning 6500sgd!this is a lovely country and believe me u will need money to enjoy its loveliness! Iam here only coz my partner is earning well and iam able to enjoy all the goodies here, so iam surviving on this despite being a topper in MDS and not having a job! iam in beautiful oblivion right now! these are the realities and my experiences so far! its not easy but its not impossible either, keep up ur spirits! iam preparing for exams until the time i figure out who and how to approach any1 for an offer letter! I wont give up! dont let any1 demotivate u! This post is just to mk u aware of the realities here! good luck

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 27 Dec 2015 5:55 pm

asj wrote:hi,iam a prosthodontist from india, I enquired with the SDC a couple of days ago and this is the response i got. The clinic which gives u an offer letter IS NOT OBLIGED TO GIVE U A JOB, AS IT IS ONLY A FORMALITY TO SIT FOR THE QUALIFYING EXAMS!( These were the exact words) and yes v are eligible for sitting for qualifying exams! Iam here in SG since few months and i do agree with the others that qualifying as a dentist here is not easy, plus u can only work as a general dentist even if you happen to clear ur exams as they donot recognize our MDS! getting an assistants job is not easy too as they prefer only singaporeans or PRs! sorry to disappoint you, but this is the harsh truth and a good life in SG with 6500 sgd! well, u simply cannot! A good condo will cost u more than 3500, average one about 2500! food,transport, utilities may cost u about 1000sgd! if a baby comes along, day care/helper wil cost about 1000 to 2000 or more that is if u r extremely stringent wt ur expenditure! dont bother to cum here if ur partner is only earning 6500sgd!this is a lovely country and believe me u will need money to enjoy its loveliness! Iam here only coz my partner is earning well and iam able to enjoy all the goodies here, so iam surviving on this despite being a topper in MDS and not having a job! iam in beautiful oblivion right now! these are the realities and my experiences so far! its not easy but its not impossible either, keep up ur spirits! iam preparing for exams until the time i figure out who and how to approach any1 for an offer letter! I wont give up! dont let any1 demotivate u! This post is just to mk u aware of the realities here! good luck
No truer words were ever written regarding this matter :)

tomtomtom

Post by tomtomtom » Sun, 27 Dec 2015 6:27 pm

Cant believe you made this post if u really are a dentist? You better look for a comedian job...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 27 Dec 2015 7:18 pm

tomtomtom wrote:Cant believe you made this post if u really are a dentist? You better look for a comedian job...
Gee, cannot.

you already chope that job what ?

On a serious note, what is wrong in the previous post ? other than a stark presentation of reality ...

asj

Post by asj » Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:12 am

tomtomtom wrote:Cant believe you made this post if u really are a dentist? You better look for a comedian job...
Thank u for discovering my untapped potential! I'm glad u found it comical, after all the toughest job is to make ppl laugh! Tho I'm pleasantly surprised which part of my post qualified me as a comedian and disqualified me as a dentist :shock:
On a more serious note if u are just here for TomTom-ing, they have a new address these days-facebook.com! U can rant, mock, and do wtvr ur heart pleases all without being helpful. Unfortunately wt ppl are looking for here is help and advices and not recruitment into ur comic agency! See! I do hv sense of humor, u r right! =P~