Singapore Expats

No win situation for PR's?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
x9200

Re: No win situation for PR's?

Post by x9200 » Fri, 10 Jul 2015 2:54 pm

I don't know. While I don't dare to question MS, it does not sound that impossible to me. They have a record of being almost vindictive towards some specific offences and they don't like the system to be abused. Whether they may be able to recover the money is a different thing but if they could confiscate a part of cpf, then why not?

I doubt it could be always the case, but I would not be surprised if one day there is something in place that if you renounce your PR within X-years after you got it, then cpf = cpf-Y. Other scenarios also possible. Afterall it's an enterprise and in an enterprise you may be asked to pay back some money invested in you if you leave the company too early.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 10 Jul 2015 3:46 pm

x9200 wrote:I don't know. While I don't dare to question MS, it does not sound that impossible to me. They have a record of being almost vindictive towards some specific offences and they don't like the system to be abused. Whether they may be able to recover the money is a different thing but if they could confiscate a part of cpf, then why not?

I doubt it could be always the case, but I would not be surprised if one day there is something in place that if you renounce your PR within X-years after you got it, then cpf = cpf-Y. Other scenarios also possible. Afterall it's an enterprise and in an enterprise you may be asked to pay back some money invested in you if you leave the company too early.
I agree , there will come a time when all contributions will remain with the state..........

The only way to benefit will be to remain here.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 10 Jul 2015 6:04 pm

Only government bonds for tertiary education etc....... yes
Baby Bonus nope been there and done for others
Grants are meant as "gift" not in its true meaning per se but financial assistance unless it is written explicitly as
"if you scoot then we will give you our foot in your boot"
To my understanding less than $7K no requirement for repayment
Moreover this grant was in direct nego with your work or studies requirement but nothing to do with citizenship renunciation or else look how much they paid to send me overseas for military training and the studies I have done
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!