Singapore Expats Forum

Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cuz53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2009

Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby cuz53 » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 1:05 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for helping me out here.

I'm a Local Uni Fresh Graduate working for 1 month+
Salary 3.2k/month
Being in Singapore for 6 years
No Criminal Record..lolz.
Male
24 years old

But applying using only 1st month salary slip.

Any comments?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby the lynx » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 1:06 pm

Did you know that you're supposed to apply with 3 years' of tax assessments?

And where are you from? Nationality is just as important.

If you're applying like this, you're gonna get a big fat no, unless ICA wants to pull an early Christmas.

sgstrait
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat, 13 Jun 2015
Contact:

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby sgstrait » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 1:26 pm

Also, have you been studying all those 6 years in Singapore, or doing something else?

cuz53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2009

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby cuz53 » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 1:34 pm

the lynx wrote:Did you know that you're supposed to apply with 3 years' of tax assessments?

And where are you from? Nationality is just as important.

If you're applying like this, you're gonna get a big fat no, unless ICA wants to pull an early Christmas.


Opps, didn't know that man.

Im from Malaysia btw.

cuz53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2009

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby cuz53 » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 1:35 pm

sgstrait wrote:Also, have you been studying all those 6 years in Singapore, or doing something else?


Yup, being studying 3 years of Polytechnic and 3 years of University

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 2:46 pm

cuz53 wrote:
sgstrait wrote:Also, have you been studying all those 6 years in Singapore, or doing something else?


Yup, being studying 3 years of Polytechnic and 3 years of University


Did you get offered PR , or has that stopped?

Whats your ethnicity , its a popular question. :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby bro75 » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 3:57 pm

if you are malaysian chinese, then your chances are higher.

cuz53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2009

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby cuz53 » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 9:55 am

Barnsley wrote:
cuz53 wrote:
sgstrait wrote:Also, have you been studying all those 6 years in Singapore, or doing something else?


Yup, being studying 3 years of Polytechnic and 3 years of University


Did you get offered PR , or has that stopped?

Whats your ethnicity , its a popular question. :D


I'm Chinese. So far still Pending. Will update u guys when i get the update from ICA :D

cuz53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2009

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby cuz53 » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 9:58 am

Just trying my luck and hoping for the best.

The reason I applied this early is because Singapore Election is coming and hence if i wait for 6 months or more it might fall within the election period, I think my chances of getting P.R. will be quite low considering the recent policy.

Therefore I applied earlier so if I get my P.R, Thank God.

If not, then reapply again..lolz

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby the lynx » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 10:06 am

1. You're wrong. Singapore election is all the more reason the government will give less PRs and SCs to foreigners to appease the electorate. They have been doing it for quite some time. Have you seen the stats on PR and SC awarded for the past 2 years, compared to 2006-2009?

2. Repetitive applications without substantial improvement in each attempt will just be futile. There is such thing called spam in ICA.

You are Malaysian Chinese. Applying later will not hurt your chances. In fact it will improve your chances tremendously compared to now.

cuz53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2009

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby cuz53 » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 10:11 am

the lynx wrote:1. You're wrong. Singapore election is all the more reason the government will give less PRs and SCs to foreigners to appease the electorate. They have been doing it for quite some time. Have you seen the stats on PR and SC awarded for the past 2 years, compared to 2006-2009?

2. Repetitive applications without substantial improvement in each attempt will just be futile. There is such thing called spam in ICA.

You are Malaysian Chinese. Applying later will not hurt your chances. In fact it will improve your chances tremendously compared to now.


Ah....NANI!!!!...k la...i will just pray more...po pi po pi po pi!!

Thanks Lynx.. I like your DP.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2815
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 10:19 am

Like her dp!oh god!!!
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby the lynx » Fri, 03 Jul 2015 8:31 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:Like her dp!oh god!!!


You meant, his? Russel Brand is pretty convincing as a female, don't you think? :wink:

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby the lynx » Fri, 03 Jul 2015 11:12 am

Emergency123 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Did you know that you're supposed to apply with 3 years' of tax assessments?


Not true.I applied with one and was approved.

3 years of tax assessments is recommended but not essential.


You're worlds better than this dude. He's trying to pull off with one month.

cuz53
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 07 Apr 2009

Re: Applying for P.R using only 1st month salary

Postby cuz53 » Fri, 10 Jul 2015 9:58 am

the lynx wrote:
Emergency123 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Did you know that you're supposed to apply with 3 years' of tax assessments?


Not true.I applied with one and was approved.

3 years of tax assessments is recommended but not essential.


You're worlds better than this dude. He's trying to pull off with one month.


You're worlds better than me "this dude" :cry:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests