Singapore Expats

Any musicians wanna jam?Or software experts wanna meet up?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
FOX711

Any musicians wanna jam?Or software experts wanna meet up?

Post by FOX711 » Sun, 28 Jun 2015 11:58 pm

I am moving to Singapore from Penang, where I have lived for 6 years, however I am from GZ, China.

I play a taditional music instrument name GuQin(古琴), I have taugh GuQin during my 6 year in Penang, and also I used to meet other instrument musicians to jam, or just to share music.

I aim to create sparkles between traditional instruments with modern ones. Other than Guqin, I also play flute, and I collect all kinds of antique instruments.

I am not an expert in any modern or western instrument, but I can play one or two songs with piano, violin, or guitar.

Currently I am focusing on Guqin meditation, as well as musical healing with other instruments. Besides that, I am also seeking for possibility to make a typing software for antique music instruments like Qin and Zither.

I am a mathematical expert, but not much in modern music or software. So I am looking forward to meet someone out there who may possibly balance my limitation.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

nakatago

Re: Any musicians wanna jam?Or software experts wanna meet up?

Post by nakatago » Mon, 29 Jun 2015 7:13 am

FOX711 wrote:I am moving to Singapore from Penang, where I have lived for 6 years, however I am from GZ, China.

I play a taditional music instrument name GuQin(古琴), I have taugh GuQin during my 6 year in Penang, and also I used to meet other instrument musicians to jam, or just to share music.

I aim to create sparkles between traditional instruments with modern ones. Other than Guqin, I also play flute, and I collect all kinds of antique instruments.

I am not an expert in any modern or western instrument, but I can play one or two songs with piano, violin, or guitar.

Currently I am focusing on Guqin meditation, as well as musical healing with other instruments. Besides that, I am also seeking for possibility to make a typing software for antique music instruments like Qin and Zither.

I am a mathematical expert, but not much in modern music or software. So I am looking forward to meet someone out there who may possibly balance my limitation.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Kinda old but here's an example of musicians composing with scientific calculators. Code in an algorithm to generate your progressions and you're good to go:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."