Singapore Expats Forum

update: approved Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
idyllic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 18 Jun 2015

update: approved Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby idyllic » Sun, 28 Jun 2015 10:58 pm

My husband just submitted the documents . A little info of myself.
-married 7years and has 2 children age 5 and 3
-wife and children are singapore citizen
-husband indonesian chinese age 32 on s pass

Question is what is the reason they keep rejecting our application even kids n myself are singaporean? We even seek mp's help .
Last edited by idyllic on Sun, 30 Aug 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 28 Jun 2015 11:10 pm

idyllic wrote:My husband just submitted the documents . A little info of myself.
-married 7years and has 2 children age 5 and 3
-wife and children are singapore citizen
-husband indonesian chinese age 32 on s pass

Question is what is the reason they keep rejecting our application even kids n myself are singaporean? We even seek mp's help .

Maybe

His job ?

His pay ? Or your pay if you are supporting him ...

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby bgd » Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:53 am

Has anything changed in your circumstances to warrant another application, e.g improved salary, etc? If not it looks like a pointless exercise.

SGlover
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue, 15 Oct 2013

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby SGlover » Tue, 30 Jun 2015 9:54 pm

Please do let us know after how many attempts when your husband get in future?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby the lynx » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 9:20 am

SGlover wrote:Please do let us know after how many attempts when your husband get in future?


I'm pretty certain X number of attempts is not the magic number to guarantee approval using the equal number of attempts.

idyllic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 18 Jun 2015

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby idyllic » Wed, 01 Jul 2015 7:48 pm

bgd wrote:Has anything changed in your circumstances to warrant another application, e.g improved salary, etc? If not it looks like a pointless exercise.

Yes, 1k increment for my hb's salary. And from 1child to 2children, other than that the rest is same

niceit198
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Location: Singapore

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby niceit198 » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 1:37 am

fifth time ? 5 times ? it quite alot, both of u are working ? on the rejection letter mention any reapply xx??

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 8:51 am

This is a trick question and it involves detail. Your children boy or girl and how many times over a span of years did you apply and reapply
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9320
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby x9200 » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 9:12 am

idyllic wrote:My husband just submitted the documents . A little info of myself.
-married 7years and has 2 children age 5 and 3
-wife and children are singapore citizen
-husband indonesian chinese age 32 on s pass

Question is what is the reason they keep rejecting our application even kids n myself are singaporean? We even seek mp's help .

Sorry for a silly question, but your husband applies via family thighs or independently?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby zzm9980 » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 9:13 am

Mad Scientist wrote:This is a trick question and it involves detail. Your children boy or girl and how many times over a span of years did you apply and reapply


Kids and OP are already SC though, will it still matter? I would guess Husband did something shady at some point in the past.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9320
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby x9200 » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 9:16 am

^My first thought too.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 10:42 am

Mad Scientist wrote:This is a trick question and it involves detail. Your children boy or girl and how many times over a span of years did you apply and reapply


:cool: The Phoenix arises from the ashes again!

Welcome back MS! You have been sorely missed, my friend.

idyllic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 18 Jun 2015

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby idyllic » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 12:03 pm

The letter nv state reapply xx year, so we apply every yr.
My hb never do anything shady, most probably we are thinking maybe his salary is too low previously.
We have a son and a daughter.
First time we applied ourselves 2nd time onwards we ask for MP's help. This time we seek PM's help.
Not sure why they keep rejecting us, friends around me all think shouldn't b a problem since we are chinese and young and have 2kids, so i came here to ask anyone similar to us?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby zzm9980 » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 2:55 pm

idyllic wrote:The letter nv state reapply xx year, so we apply every yr.
My hb never do anything shady, most probably we are thinking maybe his salary is too low previously.
We have a son and a daughter.
First time we applied ourselves 2nd time onwards we ask for MP's help. This time we seek PM's help.
Not sure why they keep rejecting us, friends around me all think shouldn't b a problem since we are chinese and young and have 2kids, so i came here to ask anyone similar to us?


The only other thing I can think of is that your combined salary is too low for what ICA considered the minimum to support the number of family members you have. For example with MOM, I believe it is a minimum of $4000 per month before you're allowed to have any dependents. Since he is on S Pass now, they may be worried if he were to lose his job he would become a burden or unemployable.

If he is on S Pass, I assume $1k salary increase is rather significant. But then unfortunately that second child may actually work against you since you now have four family members to support with your combined salaries.

idyllic
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 18 Jun 2015

Re: Reapplying PR for the fifth time

Postby idyllic » Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:46 am

Update: PR approve! :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests