Singapore Expats

PR Rejection

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bumblebee007

Re: RE: Re: PR Rejection

Post by bumblebee007 » Thu, 02 Jul 2015 1:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I have a friend who is a True Blue who originally hailed from P. Ubin as a kid and has a flat in AMK. He married a PRC and tried to get her an LTVP/PR etc for over 5 years with letters (several times) from the AMK MPs (and you know who sits at the top of the AMK GRC right?) The problem is, MPs will write letters to various ministries on behalf of the constituents of their domain, but they know, like we know, the letter will be delivered, and the standard response will be "we will review the case and if warranted, will proceed). And a month or so later, the MP will receive a response that basically he/she already new the answer to and this will be relayed back to the constituent with regrets. I've never known one to be successful, but it good public relations for the MPs as it shows them "trying" to help their voters.

My friend? Never did get it. He been living in the PRC for the last 3 years with his wife.
I understand but i have seen some cases where this approach worked. Probably it could be the luck of the individual or the mood of the officer (hehe) when deciding to approve or reject.

In a way it does not cost money just a bit more effort & time to approach an MP.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

niceit198

Re: PR Rejection

Post by niceit198 » Sat, 04 Jul 2015 1:25 am

u should apply LTVP/LTVP+ immediately, in my case i was holding working permit,my work permit expire on May2015 and mom not allowed to renew anymore. im not sure it apply to S pass / EP or not.

Remmycat

Re: PR Rejection

Post by Remmycat » Fri, 08 Jul 2016 10:17 am

Writing to update (yes I know it has been 1 year !)....
We filed appeal for PR, still pending apparently, although I do not expect it to be successful as we had no new info really just highlight length of time I am in Singapore and the like.
Meantime applied LTVP plus and got it......