Singapore Expats

criminal record

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: criminal record

Post by the lynx » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 1:11 pm

So MP can't help? Actually it works better if the request is presented by your 80-year-old grandmother and your disease-stricken stepmom, instead of you, the former-offender. Ask them to see their MPs during the MP greet-the-people session in their constitution area. If they really want to see you as much as you want to see them, they should take this opportunity. Get help from neighbours or friends to bring them down to see the MPs during those sessions. This is less painful than having to travel all the way to their office.

It is easier to gain their sympathy that way.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 Jun 2015 3:42 pm

alfredsing wrote:Yea, is like a wake up call for me treasure all my loved one.

I did think of that but as i mention, my mum are unable to walk well and my granny is like 80 plus, they could barely walk under the hot sun. They are all down to earth normal citizen and do not own any driving license.
I don't know what to say, and as I said, Singapore comes down pretty hard on law breakers, and foreigners are not going to be treated differently (though the anti govt pages will claim the foreigners get treated lighter ....)

I suggested to get them to rent a car with driver to drive across, if you are dying to meet them.

alfredsing

Post by alfredsing » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:27 am

Yea, i understand and thanks everyone for the help. If possible, i hope someone here might send this story to gain some advise too.
And yep, MP tried as well and will ask them try again.
The plan or driving is doable but i don wish to risk it due to their health.

Anyway, shall put an end to this case. Thanks for all the advise.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: criminal record

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 8:53 am

alfredsing wrote:.
The plan or driving is doable but i don wish to risk it due to their health. .
You mean leaving their home is risky ?

Do they stay home all day ?

alfredsing

Post by alfredsing » Tue, 23 Jun 2015 9:36 pm

Yes, leaving home is kinda risky as both are senior citizens and hope to avoid as much heat and walking as possible.

They mostly stay at home but sometimes go out to get food. And worst part is my granda everyday have to send and pick up my cousin from school. His mum passed away while giving birth and fsther gonna work so.. Yea, lots of misfortune happened to us. Basically, my life is shit and made me unable to repay them for all these years.

So.. Life sucks..